Senior Technical Business Analyst
Do work that matters
- You are an insightful, analytical and experienced Analyst
- We are a diverse team operating in a fast paced, complex, agile environment
- Together we will uplift and enhance our transaction monitoring reporting
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Group Program of Action, a new initiative of the Bank designed to execute on Financial Crimes Compliance enhancements to process, systems and skills.
This Program of Action stream is responsible for ensuring our regulatory reporting obligations are met and the monitoring of transactions are improved and enhanced whilst developing leading practice in disrupting financial crimes. Your impact
You'll bring your strong background in data warehouse systems and data analysis tools to our International Funds Transfer Instruction (IFTI) team. We'll draw on your technical expertise to help uplift and enhance our reporting to the regulator ensuring they are timely, accurate and complete. The project is currently being phased from a tactical to a strategic solution and requires support and documentation across the transition. As our Senior Technical Business Analyst, you will provide specialist support by defining and analysing business and functional requirements, analysing data sources and assisting with the tactical stream. In this role your focus will be to:
We're interested in hearing from people who have
- Ensure technology solutions are aligned with the Groups enterprise architecture;
- Analyse and document business/functional processes and requirements using standard analysis methodologies and tools;
- Work closely with stakeholders and change management to identify impacts to business processes as a result of system or application changes;
- Support the team in developing and delivering practical solutions as well as troubleshooting technical issues.
- Provide support and participate in testing activities including unit testing, BA testing and system testing; and
- Effectively utilise data analysis tools and data warehouse systems in order to analyse data and write data load and International Funds Transfer Instructions reporting requirements.
- Solid prior experience in banking or related financial services documenting requirements, processes and standard operating procedure;
- Advanced level experience in using data analysis tools and data warehouse systems including Hadoop, Omnia/Teradata and Oracle;
- Development experience in automation and scripting i.e using Shell, Python etc and utilising source/version control systems such as GitHub
- Experience with Microsoft Access utilising VBA/Java scripts
- Advanced level SQL experience - ability to read scripts and write SQL in order to analyse data;
- Solid experience in writing data load requirements as well as reporting and extract requirements;
- Experience working on Payments System integration;
- Understanding of Financial Crime regulatory obligations and experience in International Payment related projects; and
- Experience in an Agile environment.
More importantly it is your attitude that will determine your altitude. With the willingness to learn, share and collaborate, you're someone who effectively partners with others to deliver an outcome. You'll be a doer with the ability to draw on your past experience and provide advice or thought leadership to help ensure we always make the right call. If this sounds like you, apply now!
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We're keen to support you with the next step in your career.
Advertising End Date: 27/10/2020