Senior Solutions Architect - Digital Natives
Be part of the team helping digital native start ups become the unicorns of the future. We are looking for architects who...
• Are passionate about start-ups and how technology can help them accelerate their growth
• Like helping fast-moving startups solve technical problems using the latest cloud technology
• Have a knack for helping companies understand infrastructure & application architectures including integration approaches
As a Solution Architect within Amazon Web Services (AWS), you will have the opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad use of Amazon's web services within key startup accounts.
Your broad responsibilities will include owning the technical engagement and ultimate success around specific implementation projects and developing a deep expertise in the AWS technologies as well as broad know-how around how applications and services are constructed using the AWS platform.
The ideal candidate will possess experience working in or leading teams at fast-moving companies within the Australian startup ecosystem; customer facing skills that will allow them to represent Amazon well within a customer's environment and drive discussions with senior personnel; and a technical background that enables them to easily interact and give guidance to software developers and architects. S/he should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Serve as a key technical member of the Solutions Architecture team in helping to ensure customer success in building applications and services on the AWS platform
• Scope each customer engagement, with attention towards clear and well-defined objectives and success criteria
• Own each technical engagement, and help ensure a timely and successful delivery of value. (Delivery of actual solutions to be done by AWS partners.)
• Capture and share best-practice knowledge among the solution architect community
• Understand the AWS market segments, customer base, and industry verticals
• Understand and use internal Amazon systems for the benefit of customers BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent
• One or more valid AWS Certifications
• Experience building user-facing software products and services
• Experience consulting and guiding internal or external stakeholder decisions PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• MS in Computer Science or equivalent
• Experience managing open-source projects
• Knowledge of distributed systems design and implementation, large scale automation and workflow management, database design and implementation