Senior Solution Architect
Writing the future. Together.
Avaloq is a value-driven fast-paced fintech company and we are committed to develop the banking technology of tomorrow.
Leading banks and wealth managers in all major financial centres rely on our software and services, and this unique community grows every day.
Avaloq Australia Services Organization is responsible for acting as a trusted advisor to our clients on their Avaloq related initiatives. We are looking for people who are driven and ambitious, who can lead from the front and deliver on objectives. You will be working in a fast-paced environment and will have the opportunity to influence and contribute to the ongoing success of Avaloq Australia.
As a Solution Architect at Avaloq, you will have the chance to establish a varied career in solution consultancy and/or project management by working for one of the leading providers of FinTech solutions to wealth managers and banks.
The Solution Architect drives the definition and ensures the integrity of the business and technical architecture of the wealth management platform.
Solution Design & Implementation :
- Design the overall architecture of wealth platforms to meet the clients' business needs, considering technical and economic feasibility, business strategies, architectural guidelines and other constraints.
- Ensure conformity of technical architecture with Avaloq core concepts, blueprints and best practices.
- Define, enforce and further develop best practices, blue prints, coding conventions.
- Liaise with Software and Business Process Architects to identify areas of improvement and define standards and patterns.
- Identify trends and business needs; create prototypes and proof-of-concepts.
- Review and verify design documents, effort estimations, implementation artefacts and technical solutions.
- Identify and mitigate risks in overall architecture and software implementations.
- Align and communicate architecture standards and design patterns to the implementation team.
- Provide decision support to management on solution development, risks, opportunities.
- Consult customers on how their business needs can be implemented with sustainable solutions.
- Understand, analyze and formalize functional and non-functional business requirements.
- Provide sales support for architecture definition, solution shaping, effort estimations.
Client Relationships :
Support the project managers/account managers in maintaining strong relationships with new and existing customers. You should be able to lead through influence to align all stakeholders, internal and external, to achieve the desired outcomes.
The role will not have any direct people management responsibilities; however, it is expected that you develop expertise across Avaloq applications and coach your peers and juniors.
What you need
- Masters' qualifications in Software Engineering or Computer Science.
- Strong communication and articulation skills.
- Strong presentation and stakeholder management skills.
- Strong networking skills
- Broad understanding of wealth management and software industry.
- Strong strategy development skills.
- Is resilient and able to generate trust as well as garner support from Senior Management
- Prior experience in Avaloq Banking Suite
- PL/SQL & Web Technology skills
- Occasional to extensive travelling
You will get extra points for the following
Experience in Technology-related or Business-related change projects
Now let's talk about perks and compensation
With our compensation model, we want to share the success of the company with all our employees. We offer competitive base salaries and if you prove yourself as a super-star, you might be entitled to an extraordinary achievement reward.