Senior Relationship Manager - Shareworks
About The Shareworks by Morgan Stanley and Solium
The Solium story started in 1999 in Calgary, Canada, when an idea was formed and sketched out on a paper napkin. Today the company is one of the largest FinTech companies in Canada, and a global leader in simplifying the complexities of equity-based compensation plans. We owe our extraordinary growth to our product, Shareworks and, most importantly, to the fantastic people who have helped to make our company what it is today.
Solium currently has over 800 employees across the world, with offices from Calgary to San Francisco, London to Barcelona, and Hong Kong to Australia - and we're still growing (yep, read the news)! We've cemented our success by hiring amazing people, instilling a culture of collaboration and innovation, and being laser-focused on providing remarkable service. As we continue to scale towards being the incomparable leader in our industry, we are looking for more exceptional people to write the next chapter with us. Overview of the Role
Located in Sydney, Australia and reporting to the Head, APAC Trust & Relationship Management Services, the Senior Relationship Manager is responsible for overseeing a small team, assisting them with servicing, cultivating and growing existing corporate client relationships. Acting as the primary point of contact for a few Tier 1 key accounts and ensure that these mutual partnerships are maintained and strengthened. The Snr Rm will assist, mentor, and grow their team of RM's and Jnr RM's in interactions with all departments within Shareworks to ensure alignment of Shareworks' services with client expectations, and to fulfill Shareworks' service promise. The Snr RM will assist the RM's within their team to build vital reputational equity in the market - accruing both corporately and personally. Key Accountabilities
The Senior Relationship Manager is responsible for managing the client relationship through all stages of the relationship including, but not limited, to the following duties.
• Proactively help the team to build "partnership" style relationships focusing on integration at all levels. Interact with various individuals at the corporate client to solve problems and build strong partnerships.
• Proactively help the team to uncover new revenue opportunities across all tiers.
• Maintain vital relationships with senior client contacts across an organisation, including corporate secretariat, finance, human resources, compensation and legal departments.
• Assist the team in conducting ongoing needs analysis to determine appropriate services.
• Assist the team in monitoring service levels and client requirements.
• Consistently review the key accounts to uncover new business opportunities, and assuming responsibility for driving new revenue to Shareworks' clients (with the assistance of Sales if required).
• Keep RM's and Jnr Rm's apprised of new product functionality and service offerings that may be relevant to their evolving plan administration through Shareworks.
• Provide leadership across the many functions at Shareworks that support the client, to engender a deep loyalty between Shareworks and the client and within the Shareworks organisation.
• Understand and interpret the Shareworks Services Access agreement and any client exceptions to Shareworks standards with respect to pricing, plan management or service level commitments.
• Accompanies and supports RM's within governance client meetings.
• Provide leadership and demonstrations industry and platform knowledge
• Equips and assists in upskilling RM's and Jnr RM's with Industry/SW training sessions.
• Assist the team in identifying specifications/gap analysis documents for client requests for new functionality, collate and priorities with the development team.
• Mentor colleagues with respect to client interaction, communication tactics and positioning strategies.
• Complete annual account reviews with the Director/Head to uncover service and revenue opportunities.
• Participate in and support client training events as required.
• Remain current with new industry developments to interpret impact on client plans.
• Always demonstrate a leading example across the Shareworks organisation of client care, empathy, and a commitment to service excellence. Qualifications: Key Competencies/ Skills
• Minimum 6 years in an Account Management, Client Services, or Sales role, preferably working in the equity or share plan industry, including group and retirement plans.
• Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience in Business, Economics or Finance.
• Aptitude for learning new technologies. Solid understanding of cloud-based technologies, e-commerce and equities. Previous experience with enterprise Software-as-a-service solutions is an asset
• Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills.
• Superior problem-solving skills and abilities
• Enjoys working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment and works well without direction
• An ability to work independently, handle numerous assignments concurrently and consistently be a self-starter that excels at meeting and exceeding professional goals.
• Fluency in both written and spoken English is a must
• Strong analytical, problem solving skills, and proven attention to detail
• Comfortable in a fast-paced and evolving environment which includes ongoing learning and training opportunities Equal Opportunity Statement
Morgan Stanley's goal is to build and maintain a workforce that is diverse in experience and background but uniform in reflecting our standards of integrity and excellence. Consequently, our recruiting efforts reflect our desire to attract and retain the best and brightest from all talent pools. We want to be the first choice for prospective employees.
It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce.