Senior Relationship Manager
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 Feb 19
Senior Relationship Manager
- Grow the business through developing and executing customer strategies
- Keep abreast of key economic trends (micro and macro)
- Sales focused relationship manager role supporting the execution of pipeline opportunities with existing and prospect clients across multiple ANZ product lines
About ANZ Corporate Banking
Corporate Banking is one of the five divisions of ANZ Institutional Australia. Corporate Banking provides financial solutions for the needs of private companies, family-owned businesses and mid-market ASX listed entities.
About The Role
Role Location: Sydney CBD
Role Type: Permanent Role, multiple positions
Your role as a Senior Relationship Manager in Corporate Banking is to manage and grow a portfolio of accounts through client acquisition, cross-sell and referrals. It is expected that a clear understanding of the performance history and future plans of each portfolio is well understood by you (account planning) before advice is given to clients. You will collaborate with product partners and other stakeholders to ensure an effective and value adding strategy is identified for the client whilst minimizing all potential risks to ANZ.
Your role is primarily responsible for deepening ANZ’s understanding of our Institutional Banking clients and the industries in which they operate in order to improve strategic dialogue and identify sales opportunities. You will have a strong focus on obtaining new to bank clients.
Your role is responsible for managing a portfolio of diversified industrial clients and your knowledge and expertise of this sector will provide sector insights to assist those clients in executing their strategies.
To grow and be successful in this role, you will ideally bring the following:
- Tertiary Qualification in a business related field
- Strong knowledge of financial statements and credit assessment skills incorporation (background of sound business lending)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, computer literacy and demonstrated excellent customer focus; Demonstrated people management and coaching skills
- Demonstrated understanding of business needs and expectations and ability to originate new business
- Ability to work with a team with proven analytical, negotiation and problem solving skills
- Strong focus on obtaining new client opportunities
At ANZ, everything we do boils down to ‘why’ – our purpose – to shape a world where people and communities thrive. We're just as focused on seeing our people thrive as well as our customers. We'll give you every opportunity to develop your career.
We are responding faster to changing customer requirements, focusing on the things that matter the most, energising our people, eliminating waste and reducing bureaucracy.
A happy workplace is a thriving one. So in order to attract and keep the best talent, and say thanks for the hard work, we make sure all our employees are rewarded.
ANZ recognises the value of an inclusive and diverse work environment. We take pride in the diversity of our people and encourage applications from diverse candidates. Our recruitment decisions are based on the key inherent needs and requirements of each role, and candidates are selected based on their unique strengths and characteristics.
We work flexibly at ANZ. Talk to us and let us know how this role can be flexible for you.
To find out more about working at ANZ or to view other opportunities visit www.anz.com/careers. You may apply for this role by visiting ANZ Careers and search for reference number AUS094844 .