More flexibility, less one-size-fits-all
RBA is currently seeking a Senior Platform Engineer specialising in Infrastructure Automation to join our Platform Engineering team in IT for a fixed term role until September 2025. Key Responsibilities:
- Work as part of the Platform Engineering team to automate infrastructure configuration management primarily with Puppet Enterprise.
- Ensure that the Platform Engineering development standards are maintained by following TDD / BDD using a red-green-refactor approach.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the IT Infrastructure platforms, tools, software packages used, and ensure all system documentation complies with relevant IT Standards.
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders to refine business and IT requirements and promote the implementation and adoption of the automation technologies.
- Champion the development, design, and delivery of software defined infrastructure initiatives to improve IT Infrastructure operational efficiency, security, and stability.
- Maintain technical documentation related to infrastructure automation.
Platform Engineering is part of the wider IT Infrastructure team and helps support those teams, so ideally, you'll have a background in SDLC and IT Infrastructure.
Skills & Expertise required
- You enjoy working in an Agile Scrumban team.
- You are familiar with DevOps practices.
- You enjoy automation and are experienced with Infrastructure as Code.
- You are not satisfied with the status quo and are constantly looking for better ways to automate infrastructure in a complex and mission critical environment.
- You are experienced in developing within an enterprise SDLC framework.
- You are a team player and collaborates well with colleagues from diverse backgrounds.
- Experienced in IT infrastructure engineering role, preferably in Banking and Government.
- Experience with infrastructure automation and orchestration tools such as vRealize Automation, Terraform, Packer, etc.
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, etc.
- Experience working with API's.
- Experience working in Agile teams.
- Working knowledge of CI/CD patterns using tools such as Git, Gitlab, JIRA
- Working knowledge of operating systems Windows, Linux (RHEL).
At the RBA, Platform Engineering is key to automating the way in which we deploy, manage, govern, and destroy our systems as they move through their lifecycle. Working with other teams, Platform Engineering has established a set of platforms to deliver on several large programs of work as well as break into new areas of technology in the cloud and containerisation.
Platform Engineering is made up of small teams of around 6 or more engineers who work on a project or an area of BAU. Our team members receive training to grow in the areas they are less knowledgeable in, as well as opportunities to move between teams to get more diverse experience and broaden their skills. Each team has a lead who answers to the Manager of Platform Engineering. Be More
Working for an organisation that truly makes a difference to the people of Australia, we can offer development and career opportunities in a collaborative environment that supports your growth, wellbeing and promotes flexibility. Your individual growth and success drives the Bank forward as an organisation. Be more means you can do more, for yourself and for Australia. Why RBA?
Through the pursuit of national economic policy objectives and associated activities in financial markets and banking, the RBA makes an important contribution to the Australian economy. We also issue Australia's banknotes and operates infrastructure critical to the payments system, all of which contribute to the welfare of the Australian people.
Made up of specialists across a wide range of fields, our people have a critical role to play in achieving these objectives, whether directly or in a supporting capacity. As a values driven organisation, our people conduct themselves with a high degree of integrity, while striving for excellence in the work they perform and the outcomes they achieve. We encourage intelligent inquiry and we treat one another with respect, while promoting the public interest through our efforts.
Your application should include a resume detailing your experience and qualifications.
The Reserve Bank of Australia is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and encourage applications from experienced candidates seeking workplace flexibility.
Few places give you the balance of professional challenge and a management culture that not only supports but encourages you to live a full life outside of work and be more.
Application Close :
February 26, 2024