Write your story with Zip
- Lead the financial control function for a growing fintech with millions of customers in ANZ
- As part of Zip's finance leadership team, drive ongoing improvements to systems and processes
- Continue to broaden and develop your finance leadership skills in a high-trust, hybrid work environment
As our Senior Manager, Financial Control, you'll be a hands-on leader of leaders, managing the financial control function for Zip's ANZ business, and driving improvements to our processes and systems as part of a high-calibre finance leadership team.
You'll take on a broad role requiring a mix of technical and leadership skills, and offering you the opportunity to make a significant impact in a complex, fast-paced fintech with millions of customers across Australia and New Zealand.
Reporting into our Group Financial Controller, you will lead the teams that own core accounting, payroll and accounts payable for ANZ, as well as support complex trusts, securitisation, treasury, and debt.
You'll partner with the Group and USA financial control teams, as well as FP&A, tax, treasury and reporting teams, with the overall goal to maintain and improve the integrity of our financial systems, and to deliver timely and accurate results to stakeholders.
We'll rely on you to help define, adopt and implement consistency across regional and group policies, as well as support audits and half-year reviews. You'll get to apply your rounded finance skill set to solve lots of interesting problems, all while coaching and developing an awesome team.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced finance leader to work closely with our executive team, support us as we continuously improve systems and processes, and help set Zip up for the next phase of growth. What you'll bring to the team
The following experience is a plus, but can be learned in the role
- 10+ years experience in finance and accounting - ideally gained across both consulting and corporate organisations
- CA or CPA qualification
- Strong technical accounting skills, with specific experience in financial control
- Experience as a leader of leaders, and the desire to build high-performing teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work asynchronously with stakeholders
- Strong attention to detail
- Proven critical thinking and problem-solving skills, including the capacity to make decisions with imperfect information
- Evidenced experience improving systems and processes
- Comfort working within an ambiguous and ever-changing environment
- Excellent relationship skills and an outgoing personality, with the ability to use both to build consensus and create action
- Desire to continually improve and ability to challenge the status quo
- Our values in your DNA: Customer First, Own It, Stronger Together and Change the Game
What you'll get in return
- Accounts payable and payroll
- Financial services
Zip is a place where you'll get out what you put in. The newness of our sector means we need to move at pace and embrace change, and our promise to you when you join the team is that you'll feel empowered and trusted to make things happen quickly.
We want you to feel welcome and to know you have the support to be yourself, and care for yourself at work. Because it's important to us that you make the most of the opportunities you'll get to grow your skills and your career, surrounded by smart, friendly people and leaders that have your back.
We think these are just some of the best things about being a Zipster. We will also offer you:
Be a part of a team that reflects the diversity of our customers
- 25 days paid leave annually, including birthday leave and quarterly wellbeing days
- 16 weeks paid parental leave for primary carers, and 4 weeks for supporting carers
- Family support policies including miscarriage bereavement leave and domestic violence leave
- Mental health and wellbeing initiatives, including $299 annual wellbeing allowance, free fitness classes, and discounted gym membership
- 2 days paid volunteering leave per year
- Fee-free Zip products, and discounts with Zip merchant partners (AU)
- Team social events, epic offices, free breakfast daily, and weekly free lunches (Sydney & Melbourne)
We pride ourselves on being a workplace that provides equal opportunities to people of all ages, cultural backgrounds, sexual orientations, gender identities, abilities, veteran status, and everything else that makes you unique.
Equally, we're committed to ensuring our recruitment processes are accessible and inclusive. Please let us know if there are any adjustments that need to be made to ensure you have a fair and equitable experience. And finally...get to know us
Zip Co Limited (ASX: ZIP) is a digital financial services company, offering innovative, people-centred products that bring customers and merchants together.
Operating in two core markets - Australia and New Zealand (ANZ) and the Americas, Zip offers point-of-sale credit and digital payment services, connecting millions of customers with its global network of tens of thousands of merchants.
We're proud to be a values-led business and our values - Customer First, Own it, Stronger Together and Change the Games - guide us in everything we do.
We are Zip, and we are just getting started.
#LI-Hybrid We are a proud 2024 Circle Back initiative employer and will respond to every applicant.