Senior Manager - Portfolio Management (Corporate Banking)
This is a unique opportunity to work with an organisation that can take your credit risk expertise and client relationship management to the next level.
Working as a part of a dedicated portfolio management team, you will actively manage your own portfolio of clients (without sales targets), ensuring all elements of risk associated with respective transactions (post settlement) are upheld.
The focus of the role covers the middle market corporate sector, with exposures typically ranging up to $50m. The role would draw on your technical expertise to assess unsecured credit proposals as well as your ability to manage client relationships in a proactive manner. Daily, you will be responsible for:
To succeed in this position you must demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
- Reviewing and assessing credit, security risks and associated documentation for middle market/commercial clients
- Managing client relationships in conjunction with origination, credit and legal teams
- Covering all administrative aspects such as client covenant and reporting obligations, additional facility drawdowns, repayments and monitoring transaction exposures
- Ensuring the smooth transition from origination to portfolio management for all client relationships
- The transactions in question will test your credit ability and ensure you grow personally, due to the unsecured and complex cash flow nature of many of the deals.
- 2-4 years experience in assessing both vanilla and complex credit proposals (such as cash flow lending) in areas such as Corporate and Commercial Banking
- The ability to identify and mitigate credit risks, communicating these in both written and verbal form
- Experience interpreting cash flow forecasts to form opinion and appropriate recommendations to credit
- An understanding of credit and security documentation and admin procedures would be beneficial
- Experience liaising with clients and the maturity to form strong working relationships
- Tertiary qualifications in disciplines such as Finance, Commerce or Accounting
If you are an experienced Analyst/Associate or assistant relationship manager looking for the opportunity to combine relationship management and credit without the sales targets, in addition to developing new skills from working directly with senior bankers, we welcome your confidential enquiry via email to Liam.Parker@KellyExecutive.com.au