- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- Macquarie Group
- 20 Jan 19
Senior Java Engineer - Wealth Management
Senior Java Engineer - Wealth ManagementYou'll join a team that understand that banking in the future will be predominantly digital and who are building our digital platforms from the ground up to match. We use technology as a catalyst to bring people together and help them realise their life milestones through our products and solutions which are designed by humans for humans. We want to revolutionise the entire financial services industry, by putting our customers first and changing how the world interacts with Banks, and you will get to help us do this.
As a truly passionate technologist, you will have the opportunity to develop cutting edge applications built on beautifully crafted, easily shipped and reusable code to join our Agile Wealth Release Train within our Banking & Financial Services, under the Superannuation & Insurance capability.
As a well-rounded developer you will help design, implement and maintain our Java applications. You will also need to interface with our backend databases, so your database knowledge will be equally applicable here.
You will bring the following technical skills:
- backend/API developer in Enterprise Java
- database: Strong SQL skills to build complex queries (Sybase, MS SQL Server, and/or Oracle)
- web services: SOAP and Restful web services
- frameworks: Spring, Spring Boot
- knowledge of secure coding principles
- CI/CD: Maven, Jenkins, Bamboo, Git, jUnit
- flexible and willing to support/test systems
- experience in Agile projects.
It's a bonus if you have:
- industry experience in Superannuation, Wealth management, Insurance
- devOps and/or Support experience
- automation testing - Selenium, Cucumber (or equivalent)
- cloud: AWS, Docker, OpenShift experience
- unix, Ctrl-M, ksh, Python
- spring Batch
- design: HTML 5
- angular (2 and/or above).
If interested in this role, please apply directly or send your CV to Leandro Casas at Leandro.Casas@macquarie.com .
The Corporate Operations Group (COG) brings together specialist support services including workplace, human resources, market operations and technology. COG's purpose is to drive operational excellence through business-aligned services with a focus on quality, cost and risk. COG comprises the following divisions: Business Improvement and Strategy, Business Services, Human Resources, Market Operations, and Technology.
Find out more about Macquarie careers at www.macquarie.com/careers
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
Advertised: 15 Nov 2018 AUS Eastern Daylight Time