Do work that matters
- Join a world-leading technology and operations function
- Sydney or Melbourne based with flexible work options
- You are determined to stay ahead of the latest technologies
Merchants Technology is part of the Payments Service Utility (PSU) which brings together the process, people and technology assets supporting cheques, bulk electronic payments, merchant acquiring (including terminal technology), high value and international payments processing for CBA. The team have the monumental task of ensuring that 40% of the Australian economy are able to transact over $90 billion a day using the Bank's services in a reliable manner. With the payments technology systems being at the heart of the Bank, almost every customer-facing channel relies on payments services in one way or another. See yourself in our team
As a Senior Engineer ,
you will be part of the Engineering Merchants Environments/Cloud chapter. The team is led by the Senior Engineering Manager who is accountable for the Environment and Cloud Management capabilities that support the Merchants and Retail Payments functions at CBA. The team works to deliver exceptional outcomes for our business stakeholders and customers. Overall, to be successful in this role you will
We're interested in hearing from people who have worked as a team lead with experience in domain such as:
- Guide and mentor the Engineers of the Cloud COE as well as Merchants squads for Cloud Enablement.
- Provide first-level support of the AWS Cloud deployment, integration, and infrastructure issues.
- Perform complex problem resolution, root cause analysis and identification of improvement opportunities.
- Maintain and monitor the AWS Cloud infrastructure.
- Develop and maintain CI/CD pipelines for PSU Merchants applications and support their adoption in all Cloud environments.
- Assist operation and application teams with issue debug, analysis, replication, and resolution in the Cloud environments.
- Engage required integration and support teams for any assistance of Cloud environment issues and deployment support.
- Maintenance support for Cloud infrastructure such as closing vulnerabilities, server upgrades, provisioning, and migrations.
- Participate in key initiatives from the Technology team to improve capability, standards, and risk profile of the platform.
- Leading a cross-functional squad (team) in developing and operating technical products and services
- Large clusters operations using cloud-native technologies such as Kubernetes, hosted within VMware Tanzu or native Linux (Ubuntu)
- Experience with Cloud/AWS fundamental service (IAM, VPC and EC2)
- Experience working with large and complex programmes of work
- Understanding of DevOps/SRE Best Practices: Logging, Monitoring, Security
- Experience as Software Engineer/ DevOps / SRE / System Engineer in Cloud environment
- Familiarity with project management tools such as Jira, Confluence and ServiceNow
- Good communication skills (written and verbal)
We use a broad range of tools, languages, and frameworks. We don't expect you to know them all but experience or exposure with some of these (or equivalents) will set you up for success in this team;
Working with us
- Container technology, Docker and Kubernetes/EKS
- Infrastructure as Code such as CloudFormation and Terraform
- Source control, and CI/CD tooling such as GitHub, GitHub Actions, Jenkins, Argo CD Artifactory and LaunchDarkly
- Kubernetes network and API security: Istio Service Mesh, Ingress Controller, API Gateway, OAuth2
- Monitoring tools such as Splunk and AppDynamics
- VMware solutions with specific interests in AVI load balancing or Horizon VDI
- General Networking protocols and architectures
Whether you're passionate about customer service, driven by data, or called by creativity, a career with CommBank is for you.
Our people bring their diverse backgrounds and unique perspectives to build a respectful, inclusive, and flexible workplace with flexible work locations. We support our people with the flexibility to balance where work is done with at least half your time each month connecting in office. We also have many other flexible working options available including changing start and finish times, part-time arrangements and job share to name a few. Talk to us about how these arrangements might work for you. One where we're driven by our values, and supported to share ideas, initiatives, and energy. One where making a positive impact for customers, communities and each other is part of our every day.
Here, you'll thrive. You'll be supported when faced with challenges and empowered to tackle new opportunities. We're hiring engineers from across all of our technology hubs in Sydney, Melbourne and Perth. We really love working here, and we think you will too.
If this sounds like you, apply now!
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest, x15ventures), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We're keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 22/02/2024