Senior DevOps/SRE Engineer
Established in Melbourne in 2015, Airwallex is a global payments fintech business transforming the way businesses move and manage money globally. We have built a global financial infrastructure platform to help businesses transact, collect and pay across 130+ countries and 50+ currencies, without the constraints of the traditional global financial system.
Airwallex is Australia's fastest growing fintech unicorn. We've grown to 13 global locations and have raised over $700 million in funding. Airwallex has been recognised in Forbes' Cloud 100 2020, and placed in the Top 50 of KPMG's Global Fintech100 two years in a row. To support our ambitious growth plans, we're looking for smart, collaborative and passionate people who are looking to make a genuine impact. Your work
As a cloud-native DevOps, you will work within a feature team to deliver business outcomes.
Your focus will be around building a globally distributed, PCI DSS compliant platform using GCP and Aliyun, whilst guiding and upskilling internal teams using best practices for building, deployment and scaling applications in the cloud. As we are a Financial Service company, security is at the core of our practices and automation.
You will bring to the team a level of expertise in operational platform management, developing observability and detection capabilities that will decrease time to discover problems and allow our teams to increase stability and not sacrifice agility or security.
A key aspect of this position will be building consensus amongst DevOps Engineers across geographies in different feature teams about the tools and practices we use, and evolving that consensus into agreed standards.
Who you are:
- You are committed - You strive to produce, exceptional, risk free, fully tested solutions in all the platforms you build.
- You can think on your feet - with experience building platforms which resolve fast paced, ever changing success measures.
- You are team player- you enjoy working in a collaborative, innovative and customer first driven environment
- You are naturally curious- always asking why to better understand our customer needs
- You are a passionate problem solver - You love digging deep and brainstorming with colleagues in order to come up with the best solution for a problem
What you'll bring:
- A strong passion for automation and repeatable processes
- Hands-on experience leveraging containerization including Docker, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes
- Deep exposure to AWS, GCP, or Aliyun cloud
- Popular languages in the team are Python, Golang, Java and Rust
- Ability to own an idea from inception through to implementation
- Broad experience with modern CI/CD pipelines ( Gitlab, Jenkins etc)
- Demonstrates innovative methods of declaratively automating cloud-based IaaS/PaaS deployments and applications using modern and innovative GitOps and DevOps techniques and technologies.
- A fervent enthusiasm for infrastructure-as-code ( we love Terraform)
- A love for operational metrics including MTTD & MTTR and the capabilities and practices that allow these to be continually improved upon
- Excellent understanding of OS, platform and network security practices, patterns and frameworks
- Network topology and infrastructure architectures on Linux based platforms.
- Operational tooling such as New Relic, StatsD, Elk, Datadog, Prometheus We value diverse skill-sets, and don't necessarily require that you're skilled with all of the above. If you feel you don't fit all the experience/skills listed above we still encourage you to apply or get in touch.
If this sounds like something you would be keen to hear more about, hit apply.
At Airwallex you'll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. We want you to share in our success, which is why you'll be offered a competitive salary plus valuable equity (in the form of stock options). We also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen. We organise regular team building events, encourage flexible/remote working and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don't regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.