- More time off for the things that matter - Up to 6 weeks' leave
- Work where we work best - Hybrid office/work-from-home environment
- Join Perpetual Corporate Trusts Innovation Company & one of Australia's leading Institutional Fiduciary and Digital Solutions providers
An exciting opportunity for a Senior Data Engineer to join the Perpetual Digital team on a permanent basis.
Perpetual Digital is Perpetual Corporate Trust's innovation company, leveraging more than 20 years of experience and a market leading position in Australian securitisation to deliver solutions to this sector. Our new digital solutions can enable your business to become more effective, efficient and achieve economies of scale, while reducing cyber risk and maintaining compliance through automation, workflow management and reporting.' We help our clients move away from legacy technology, manual processes and spreadsheets onto our cloud-based, Platform-as-a-Service which is integrated, evergreen and scalable.
The position will be a key member of the team responsible for the design, development, and optimisation of SQL queries to drive the ongoing enhancement and delivery of business-critical SaaS platform. If you are a Senior Data Engineer with proven delivery experience and looking to be part of an exciting initiative delivering a product that is used and loved by small and large financial institutions, then this role might be for you! About the role
As a Senior Data Engineer at Perpetual Digital, you will:
- Writing clean SQL that can be continuously deployed, monitored, and maintained
- Ensuring all code changes are tested and checked into the code repository
- Build SQL coding standards and guidelines
- Peer reviewing and mentoring fellow team members
- Performance tuning and database maintenance
- Building robust, fault-tolerant, and scalable database system as a key member of engineering team
- Helping to drive the engineering rhythm and process of the team from planning, design, coding, deployment, through to support
- Continuously improving your skills and helping the team improve its processes
- Collaborating as part of an agile team
- Provide on the job coaching for less experience engineers who will also be supporting the platform
- The ability to communicate clearly and effectively with your team, managers, and stakeholders.
- Tertiary qualification in Computer Science, Information Systems, or 7 - 8 years of relevant industry experience
- 5+ years of Database Development experience (SQL Server) supporting mission-critical relational databases
- Strong experience in SQL query tuning, server optimisation and management
- Experience with Database design and capable of creating SQL objects such as SQL functions
- Hands-on experience with full Microsoft database stack (SSDB, SSAS, SSIS, SSRS, ADF, Power BI, etc.)
- System testing, automated testing of database functions and test-data creation
- Experience building & managing database-focussed environments in Microsoft Azure cloud
- Experience with CICD and Azure DevOps: Build Pipelines, Release Pipelines, and deployments generally
- Proficient understanding of Git and code management tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to document complex technical problems.
It would be great to bring, but is not required to have:
How we work
- C#, .NET, ASP.NET programming experience
- Basic understanding of Web application architecture
- Exposure to building/consuming APIs using .NET Core
- A good grasp of financial mathematics would additionally be greatly advantageous
- Basic knowledge of Financial Markets would additionally be greatly advantageous.
Our unique culture is underpinned by our three organisational behaviours, Stretch, Own it, Make an impact which drive our approach of day-to-day interactions with colleagues and clients; the way we approach decision-making to the questions we ask and the problems we solve. Employee benefits
Diversity and inclusion
- Work from anywhere in Australia for up to one month each year
- An annual allowance to empower you to prioritise your personal wellbeing
- Access to LinkedIn learning, study support and commitment to supporting professional development
- Lend your expertise and support Indigenous organisations to achieve their own development goals with a six weeks' secondment with Jawun
- WGEA Employer of Choice for gender equality since 2018
- Strong commitment to all aspects of Diversity and Inclusion through a robust 7 pillar strategy
- A growing number of employee-led networks who work to raise awareness and drive continued change
- We support over 50 Indigenous communities through Native Title Trusts, helping to secure the communities future. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People.
We are committed to creating an inclusive workplace where diversity is celebrated and welcome applications from people from all backgrounds and communities. Our goal is to provide a work environment that enables you to thrive, whatever your circumstances.