At EY, you'll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we're counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all. If we inspire you to do the work you love, will you still call it work?
At EY we believe that whoever you are, your uniqueness helps us stand apart.
We bring together extraordinary people, like you, to build a better working world. What's in it for you?
Our Financial Services Indirect Tax team is growing rapidly, and we are looking for Indirect Tax specialists in GST and/or Stamp Duty who can deliver real-time insights, working directly with clients to shape and enhance business strategies to help them solve tomorrow's problems today. To the right candidate this position offers excellent opportunities for teaming, leadership, and career advancement.
The world of indirect tax is constantly changing and has been rapidly expanding with new laws, regulations, technologies and regulator expectations. Our Financial Services Indirect Tax team is at the forefront, and this is your opportunity to be part of that development. Work in a collaborative and entrepreneurial environment where you'll have the freedom to innovate using various technologies. You will also have the chance to shape and drive your career through our comprehensive development programs to help you be the best version of yourself, both inside and outside of work.
As our Indirect Tax Specialist, you'll be working with global and local well-known Financial Services organisations to advise them of their Indirect Tax obligations.
What we're looking for...
- You will help clients manage their indirect tax risks, comply efficiently with their regulatory requirements, and identify opportunities to improve their overall indirect tax position.
- This will include identifying risk areas through assurance reviews and due diligence reviews, as well as assist in delivering a range of data analytics and tax technology services.
- Working across multiple projects and clients, you will have the opportunity to advise clients on key indirect tax issues, working with developing technologies that can help clients meet their business goals
Here's our 'wish list' but don't worry if you don't tick all the boxes. We're interested in your strengths, what you want to learn, and how far you want to go.
What we can offer you...
- Technical experience in a key indirect tax such as GST and/or Stamp Duty
- Previous exposure to key client ERP systems, including SAP, Oracle and JDE would be beneficial but is not essential
- Experience in the field of indirect tax, preferably from a law firm or within a professional services accounting firm
Acknowledgement of Country
- Explore how a career at EY is yours to build at www.ey.com/au/careerdevelopment
- Discover how, when and where you can work at www.ey.com/au/flexibility
- Learn about our commitment to DE&I at www.ey.com/au/diversity-inclusiveness
- Discover the various ways our benefits can cater to your needs, across wellness, financial wellbeing, and family-friendly policies which include 26 weeks gender neutral paid parental leave at www.ey.com/au/benefits
EY acknowledges the Traditional Owners and Custodians of the lands on which EY offices are located around Australia. We pay our respects to their cultures, and to their Elders - past, present, and emerging. Find out more about our vision for reconciliation at www.ey.com/au/reconciliation Apply now... we're over 9,000 perspectives in Australia and we're ready to welcome yours.
Diversity, equity, and inclusiveness (DE&I) are core to who we are, how we work and how we live our values. We hold a collective commitment to continue to drive an environment where all differences are valued, practices are equitable, and everyone experiences a sense of belonging - where people are inspired to team and lead inclusively in their interactions every day. We encourage applications from people of all ages, nationalities, abilities, cultures, sexual orientations, and gender identities and are committed to providing an equitable and barrier free recruitment experience for all. We encourage you to share any support and adjustments you need to be your best and participate equitably in our recruitment process. We understand sharing your needs with us can be daunting, so if you have questions before or during your application, we welcome you to get in touch at email@example.com. Anything you tell us will be kept completely confidential. The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build. EY | Building a better working world
Our preferred applicant will be required to undertake employment screening by EY or our external third-party provider.