Senior Communications Manager, Critical Incident Center
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts. Job Category
Customer Success Group Job Details Role Description
- The Communications Manager/Senior Communications Manager, Critical Incident Center, is responsible for writing real-time executive-level communications for Salesforce executives at the CEO level. These communications provide updates to global executives about the status of new and ongoing critical technical incidents impacting our customers.
- Secondary responsibilities include delivering diverse writing projects such as slide deck presentations, marketing materials, internal articles and newsletters, team and company communications, customer-facing communications, and supporting our team's global colleagues with their communications needs.
- This is a full-time position and will require working in the Sydney, Australia time zone. Some planned weekend and holiday on-call work is also required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- 8+ years of experience in producing executive-level and technical communications.
- Prior experience with internal/employee communications and/or marketing communications.
- A mix of technical knowledge and aptitude, technical writing skills, and the ability to deliver communications and documentation in the format best suited for diverse audiences.
- Able to learn new technologies quickly and process/translate technical information into clear, user-friendly communications for internal audiences.
- Excellent attention to detail and a strong commitment to quality is essential for this role.
- Strong editorial skills and ability to provide writing support and coaching to our global team members.
- Ability to obtain information from multiple subject-matter experts who have many demands on their time during a critical incident.
- Strong sense of situational urgency and execution skills.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, in sometimes high-pressure or stressful situations.
- Dedicated to customer success.
- Experience in an incident or crisis communications role.
- Experience with Salesforce platforms. Trailhead Ranger status and Salesforce certifications are a plus.
- High-level knowledge of networks, servers, storage systems, and other data center hardware.
- Experience creating customer-facing communications.
- Strong formatting, layout, and visual design skills.
- Project/program management skills.
- Experience creating professional corporate slide decks and adhering to corporate brand guidelines.
- Experience in working as part of a collaborative global team.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form. Posting Statement
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.