Senior Cloud Migrations Architect - Melbourne / Sydney
DESCRIPTION Amazon is continuously striving to be the Earth's most customer-centric company. AWS has the world's most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud platform, with the deepest and broadest portfolio of cloud services available. Every day we are helping customers and partners maximize the value of cloud computing technologies.
AWS Professional Services (ProServe) is a global team of consultants that helps enterprise customers achieve their business outcomes on AWS Cloud. ProServe consultants work with hundreds of the world's largest enterprises to help them deliver their cloud initiatives.
About the Role
As a Senior Cloud Architect, you will work with our customers to deliver AWS solutions such as web applications, enterprise applications, High-Performance Compute (HPC), batch processing & big data, archiving & disaster recovery for a wide range of industries. You will also have the opportunity to help our partners develop technical expertise and capacity. Lastly, you will deliver proof-of-concept projects, topical workshops, and lead implementation projects.
This role combines thought leadership across the globe with cutting code, designing architectures, and helping our customers build system components as they move and build new applications in the cloud.
• Lead multiple large customer teams through planning, prioritization on complex transformation initiatives.
• Lead project scoping and resource planning based on experience and insights
• Proactively seek new value-add opportunities for customers, and converts those new opportunities to realized value.
• Work with prospective customers on-site to understand customer's requirements, propose packaged offerings, and deliver custom solution engagements
ABOUT THE TEAM
Amazon is peculiar, AWS ProServe is no different. Like any other Amazonian, we are customer obsessed and this shows through us keeping our project timelines short, our customers' AWS bills as low as they can, and enabling them to support themselves after we leave; we also develop and share our intellectual properties freely to enable our customers and partners.
To find out more about the AWS ProServe team, click on this link.
WHY JOIN US?
We truly make a difference - a Senior Cloud Architect is not a monotonous dull job. Not only do you get to play with the coolest technologies out there, we actually make history by transforming our customers' ways of working - not just technically, but culturally and holistically too. Going home at night knowing that you did something meaningful is incredibly satisfying. Also, you never work alone - even if you are the only consultant at a customer site - At AWS, you are surrounded by highly talented colleagues who are only a click or call away, and are always more than happy to help out.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Extensive experience in cloud migrations including scalable cloud-based solutions and microservices architectures
• Customer facing skills, ideally gained in presales or consultancy roles
• Experienced in leading the design, development and deployment of business software at scale
• Experienced with software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile/iterative methodologies
• Strong track record of hands-on, production AWS experience
• AWS Certifications professional level
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • A Bachelor's Degree in (Computer Science or Math) or equivalent experience