Senior Business Manager
Senior Business Manager
Some career choices have more impact than others.
We're looking for progressive minds who are driven and forward-thinking, who are open to different ideas and cultures, who can connect with customers and colleagues and who'll work with courageous integrity every day.
As an HSBC employee in Australia, you'll have access to tailored professional development opportunities, competitive pay, an embedded flexible working culture and a range of employee benefits. These include market-leading subsidised private health cover, enhanced parental pay and support when returning to work, subsidised banking products and services and wellness programmes including discounted gym memberships.
The Senior Business Manager is responsible for providing operational management support to the Head of WPB (Wealth & Personal Banking) and WPB COO (Chief Operating Officer). Working closely with the rest of the CAO (Chief Administrative Office), the role acts as the Chief of Staff for WPB and supports the CAO through a wide range of activities, effectively enabling the WPB leadership team to effectively and efficiently run the business.
- Ensuring Head of WPB and WPB COO are appropriately supported through meetings and events (eg. preparation of presentation materials, ensure leaders are appropriately briefed)
- Events management and delivery (Town Halls, Summits & Communications plan)
- Support WPB recruitment management, which included taking part in hiring management, and supporting the delivery of people agenda items
- People & Organisational Design Process, including driving People and HR agenda, MI and departmental headcount coordination.
- Governance activities included the support and coordination of relevant committees (eg. ExCo, Incentive Committee), ownership of relevant (non-strategy) ExCo and Board papers, and overseeing of scorecard process.
- Support on Global initiatives e.g. Communications, Business Framework, etc.
- Operational Support & Development (ODS) - developing governance, documentation and organisational frameworks for use across the WPB COO
Due to current international travel restrictions and border closures, we can only consider candidates who hold either Australian Permanent Residency or Citizenship, or New Zealand Citizenship
- Degree holder in Business, Accountancy, Finance or related field
- Strong financial analytical background and proven ability in financial/analytical reasoning, including being able to contextualise financial data into business activities and conclusions
- Understanding of retail banking strategies, structures, processes and objectives
- Proven ability to articulate complex issues concisely and in simple language
- Outstanding relationship management, collaboration and influencing skills
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills with a proven ability to communicate effectively and confidently at all levels across the Group
- Practical experience of major business transformation activities
Learn more about careers - www.hsbc.com.au/careers
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued and respected and where opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow in an inclusive environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website. Issued by HSBC Bank Australia Limited. #LI-HSBCAS1