Senior Business Analyst
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- FIS Global
- 15 Oct 18
Senior Business Analyst
Senior Business Analyst, APAC Enterprise Payments
Reports to - BA Practice Manager, APAC Enterprise Payments
Programs/Projects generally are technical in nature with a primary focus on development-related projects and delivery of software to external clients.
Represents a key member of the scrum/development team. Responsible for gathering requirements, requirement elicitation, grooming user stories, prepare BA artefacts and system verifications. It is also the responsibility of the senior BA to guide the development team through the requirements to make sure implementation is in-line with the client requirements.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Active engagement with clients/product owner to gather business requirements.
- Groom the product backlog and work with the client/PO to elaborate requirements.
- Engage with the scrum development team on a regular basis to ensure that the requirements are well understood by the team.
- Responsible for ensuring that the business feature developed is in-line with client expectation.
- Provide subject matter expertise in domains such as real-time payments, ISO 20022 messages, accounting and reconciliations etc.
- Act as first level of contact for the development team to provide any requirement clarification and assist in making rightful decisions providing functional guidance and mentorship to the technical team.
- Conducting requirement gathering workshops, brain-storming sessions, functional and non-functional requirement analysis sessions, system verification and training.
- Prepare analysis artefacts such as use cases, data modelling, interface specifications etc.
- Perform impact assessment for client requested changes.
A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or other related discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience that is required for the specific job level. Preferred criteria also include:
- Business Analysis Body of Knowledge (BABOK) certification or similar.
- Scrum Master, Scrum Product Owner, Scrum Developer certification or similar.
- Experience working as a business analyst for minimum 5 years.
- Experience working with distributed development team.
- Outstanding communication, presentation and leadership skills.
- In-depth knowledge of software development processes and principles (e.g., scrum agile, rapid delivery, classic or traditional waterfall phases of analysis, design, development, testing, implementation).
- Extensive knowledge of Business Analysis standards, processes, procedures and guidelines.
- In-depth domain knowledge of payments.
- Knowledge of financial services industry (e.g. NPP, RTGS, SWIFT).
- Knowledge of standard financial messaging protocols (e.g. ISO20022).
- Knowledge of FIS products such as OPF is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of tools such as Enterprise Architect, JIRA is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of SQL, XML, REST is an added advantage.