Senior Associate, Portfolio Valuation - Sydney, Australia
In a world of disruption and increasingly complex business challenges, our professionals bring truth into focus with the Kroll Lens. Our sharp analytical skills, paired with the latest technology, allow us to give our clients clarity-not just answers-in all areas of business.
We embrace diverse backgrounds and global perspectives, and we cultivate diversity by respecting, including, and valuing one another. As part of One team, One Kroll , you'll contribute to a supportive and collaborative work environment that empowers you to excel.
Kroll is seeking highly motivated candidates go grow our international business valuation team in Sydney, Australia.
Kroll is headquartered in New York. It has expanded to be a major global valuations and corporate finance firm with over 5,000 professionals across North America, Latin America, Europe, Middle East and Asia Pacific. It is the leading provider of fairness opinions globally over the past 10 years. Uniquely independent, Kroll has valuations as its core competency.
Kroll has recruited an experienced senior management team to grow the Valuation Advisory practice in Australia. These individuals have extensive experience across the most in-demand sectors of the valuation industry, including: preparation of independent expert reports for many of the largest public market transactions in Australia and business valuations for ASX top 50 companies and some of the largest government entities; portfolio valuations for many of the largest global and Australian institutional investors; and a wide variety of valuation work for Fortune 500 corporate clients.
At Kroll, your work will help deliver clarity to our clients' most complex governance, risk, and transparency challenges. Apply now to join One team, One Kroll. The role:
As a Senior Associate, you will have an opportunity to work directly with clients and receive hands on mentoring from senior valuations professionals. The remuneration is competitive and there are significant opportunities for career advancement. You will have an opportunity to work on high profile independent expert reports as a well as valuations for a range of other purposes, including financial reporting, tax, M&A and strategic planning purposes. Responsibilities:
- Assessing the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats of Australian and international businesses
- Assisting the team in forming our opinions of value
- Attending client meetings to gather information pertinent to the valuation
- Undertaking comparable company and comparable transaction analysis
- Building DCF models and developing WACCs
- Drafting reports, including independent expert reports
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics and potentially starting a CFA or CA
- Between 2-4 years of financial advisory experience, potentially including constructing and reviewing valuation models including: DCF, comparable company, and intangible asset models
- Working knowledge of financial accounting
- Financial modelling skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Attention to detail for public market reports
- Knowledge of software packages including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
In order to be considered for a Senior Associate position at Kroll, you must formally apply via careers.kroll.com.
Kroll is committed to equal opportunity and diversity, and recruits people based on merit.