We are looking for an Analyst or Manager level candidate to join our growing Special Situations & Investments (SSI) team in Sydney. You will assist the SSI team with the analysis, due diligence and execution of deals, as well as assisting with portfolio management. Our SSI business provides asset backed, structured capital, whether it be debt or other forms, to Australian corporate borrowers primarily seeking transitional or transformational capital to fund and support turnaround, restructure or growth. This role will report into the Director of Special Situations & Investments and be based in our Sydney office.
- Undertake financial and commercial due diligence / audit of client’s asset base, financials, systems and processes to interrogate and verify data upon which Gordon Brothers transactions are based on. Outputs will include, the compiling of borrowing bases and fully integrated financial models with scenario optionality, valuation models and exit planning models, which form the basis of Gordon Brothers bids for new business.
- Contribute to Investment Committee submissions, providing background details to the due diligence process and building a case for Gordon Brothers transactions.
- Assist with the loan and investment facility documentation execution process and subsequent portfolio management processes.
Business Development, Marketing & PR
- Develop and maintain relationships with people both internal to Gordon Brothers and externally, including client companies to ensure full understanding of business issues, identify and put in place the required actions to satisfy the needs of the business.
- Build relationships with business partners and subcontractors to increase market penetration in particular with financial sponsors, banks and other financial service providers such as restructuring advisors, lawyers, debt or M&A advisors.
Strategy & Planning
- Identify strategic targets and opportunities through analysis of publicly available and proprietary information. Access key research and market data for corporate opportunities. Undertake research on prospective clients to enable an approach to new clients with an informed view of their business.
- Work as an integral team player within the business and effectively contribute to the development of the SSI business.
- Act externally as an ambassador for Gordon Brothers in Australia
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or other highly quantitative degree required.
- Advanced degree / qualifications (MBA, CPA, CFA) preferred
- 5 or more years of experience in the financial services industry.
- Must be an Australian permanent resident.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Strong analytical, risk management and problem-solving skills, financial modelling capabilities.
- Self-motivated and works well independently as well as part of a team and across all organisational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important.
- Strong communication, excellent written and verbal skill set, able to present information clearly, persuasively and credibly.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally, as needed.
Gordon Brothers offers a competitive total compensation package including base salary and incentive plan, expense allowance, superannuation, time off benefits, and more.
Gordon Brothers Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.