Sales Executive, FI and Corporate
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 20 May 19
Sales Executive, FI and Corporate
The Role: Sales Executive, FI and Corporate
The Location: Sydney, Australia
The Team / The Business: Our APAC business places a significant emphasis on diversity and this is reflected in our team which is comprised of people from across the globe. This in turn in feeds our creative, collaborative and professional approach to servicing our clients and our markets. The combination of all of this we believe is driving our ongoing success in this region.
The Impact: APAC is our fastest growing geographical segment given the rising demand for data, research, insights and analytics across the rapidly expanding investment universe of the region. In turn we have a strong and growing presence to service this demand in the region, in which the Pacific remains a significant focus for opportunity.
As a Sales Associate, you will be responsible for driving the revenue growth of the S&P Global Market Intelligence business across the Pacific Region in the Commercial Banking, Insurance & Corporate segment developing new business. This is a client-facing sales role providing an opportunity to deliver a competitive suite of industry focused product involving a range of sales cycle into the commercial banking and insurance sector. This includes all Institutions headquartered locally and offshore participants with local subsidiaries.
What's in it for you: Opportunity to further develop your sales management skills with a strong global brand, work closely with Senior Sales Management to develop and deploy sales strategy to drive the revenue growth of the S&P Global Market Intelligence business across the Pacific Region. We provide a range of services to assist clients across the investment process, including our flag ship, Market Intelligence platform, and cloud-based workflow data & analytics platform used by professionals across the financial markets.
- Development - All new employees attend our regional HQ in Hong Kong for introductions to our Business, Regional Heads, product training, support services, and importantly our culture and values, to ensure a successful transition into the broader APAC business.
- Opportunity for progression - There is a theme of relatively young management throughout the company and we plan to continue this trend as we grow organically. Therefore opportunities to be rewarded for outstanding performance through promotion to senior roles are available both domestically and globally.
- Autonomy - Our ethos is to encourage client/ market engagement as often as possible, which means autonomy to bring or create your own strategy and in turn autonomy to execute. There are of course multiple levels of support in place to assist you to succeed.
- Commission - The commission structure is tiered and is based on an annual target. Commissions are paid monthly.
Essential Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Responsible for an individual sales goal
- Develop and implement the sales strategy for the Commercial Banking, Insurance & Corporates segment taking into account industry/regulatory requirements, market trends and client requirements.
- Develop and nurture deep and strong relationships with client organisations, addressing their needs, and maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Develop an exceptional understanding of, and stay current on, the S&P Global Market Intelligence products and solutions and their application to specific job functions.
- Produce accurate sales forecasting for the team and keep an up-to-date pipeline, contacts and meeting notes in SalesForce CRM system.
What we're looking for:
- 3-5 years of solution sales experience or selling subscription services into the financial sector in, preferably working with commercial lending banks, insurance and/or corporates.
- Ability to have high-level, consultative conversations with c-level/senior management and build and communicate a sales strategy to prioritise effort for reward.
- Ability to sell across multiple decision makers with different use-cases for our product(s).
- Australian working rights are preferred however we do have the potential to take on the right candidate that is on a relevant 457 visa.
- Expectations are that you bring a positive attitude to strive for excellence in everything you do, which we believe means you are accountable, an effective communicator, able to prioritise, creative, punctual and you are able to enjoy a collaborative fun team environment.
- University degree preferably within related fields such as finance, economics, business.
S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.