SAP Project Manager
At IBM, our Project Managers excel by leading and coordinating a project team's overall performance, scope, cost, and deliverables. Our clients rely on timely and efficient status reports, and as Project Manager, you will drive the charge with project direction, metric definition, and performance management. If you are ready to help our clients and project teams succeed, we would love to meet you!
Your Role and Responsibilities
As an experienced Project Manager at IBM Global Business Services, you will deliver innovative business solutions through business consulting ranging from business process design to application modelling and systems integration. You will leverage your project manager expertise and your leadership capabilities to ensure successful project delivery and client success. We will give you access to unique career opportunities, and a vast and diverse network of talented professionals.
The Project Manager is responsible for the overall management of the SAP delivery project throughout its lifecycle. They are responsible for defining, planning, tracking and managing the project and providing the direction they require in order to meet project objectives. They also ensure adherence to project management methodology practices, provide team coaching, evaluate the performance of team members and reinforce the enterprise knowledge management through the collection and communication of lessons learned.
The successful candidate will have a solid background managing the successful delivery of SAP and/or other technology solutions with experience across at least 2 full implementations. The candidate will demonstrate end-to-end project experience that encompasses process design, planning, and management; execution of the build through to go-live is a must. They must be capable of building a relationship of trust and transparency with our clients. Equally they must be comfortable operating in a global environment, for a global client, with multi vendors. Desired Attributes and Skills:
Education and Experience:
- A passion for technology and business.
- The ability to understand and assimilate different points of view.
- A love of working with people in a team-focused environment.
- Have prior exposure software development lifecycle methodologies.
- Natural leadership skills and the ability to thrive in a collaborative culture.
- The willingness to take ownership of challenging tasks, even beyond your initial scope of responsibility.
- Minimum 6 years project management experience with at least 2 years in IT
- Good analytical and strategy skills
- Must have broad knowledge of development life cycle.
- Good in depth and all-round knowledge of Telecommunication industry
- Ability to gain confidence with the customer
- Strong IT skills
- Ability to influence at multiple levels
- Manage the scope, cost, schedule, scope, and contractual performance deliverables
- Apply techniques for planning, tracking, change control, and risk management
- Manage all project resources, including IBM, customer, and subcontractors
- Establish an effective communication plan with the project team and the customer
- Provide day-to-day direction to the project teams
- Provide regular project status updates to the customer
- Provide regular project status updates to IBM management
- Develop and maintain the project plan
- Timely and accurate project(s) progress & issues
- Provide guidance on strategies, requirements specifications, and functional specifications, which meet customer requirements and project standards
- Facilitate development of the application architecture, technology selection and detail application specifications
- Manage and maintain development of the project plan
- Closely work with other teams to ensure tight alignment of objectives and expectations.
- Manage ISV and IBM teams to ensure that the developed solution matches the required solution
- Define and monitor issues, dependencies, risks and risk mitigation strategies
- Monitor and assesses the quality of the deliverables
- Facilitate development of reuse opportunities
- Provide feedback on methodology improvement/customization and share new tools to enhance processes
- Facilitate sharing best practices, with documentation of best practices and lessons learned
- Provide overall guidance to teams under direction.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise