Risk and Compliance Officer
- Role can be based in Brisbane or Sydney
- Work across broad variety of business units and Project based work
- Career Progression role and Flexible Hybrid working model
Aon Australia Compliance forms part of the Pacific Legal and Compliance function and is aligned to the Global Compliance strategy with implementing and monitoring compliance programs, ensuring policies and procedures respond to Aon's compliance and regulatory risks.
We partner with businesses in the Pacific to achieve company objectives. We do this at a local level by developing policies and procedures to meet regulatory obligations, we set up security processes and provide risk awareness training, handle breaches and complaints, conducts audits and monitoring into business practices and by providing timely advice and solutions.
The team operates at a 'Group' level across the Pacific to ensure that we are Consistent, Effective and Visible as an Aon Service Partner to the business. We have expertise across Regulation, Internal Policy, Audit and Monitoring and Risk Management. We have team members in NSW, QLD, SA and NZ. The Responsibilities of the role are:
- Conducting control testing, including auditing of procedures, practices and documents to identify breaches and systemic issues.
- Associated compliance analyst activities in order to advise management of the organisation's state of compliance with laws and regulations.
- Coaching and educating the business to improve adherence to legislation and Aon's policies and procedures.
- Facilitating risk workshops with the business segments to identify, assess, and put in place appropriate controls to mitigate both operational and compliance risks.
- Identifying and managing "Risk and Compliance Projects" arising from audit outcomes and risk workshops.
- Building and maintaining good relationships and regular contact with key internal and external stakeholders to ensure that all compliance requirements are identified.
- Identifying and responding to gaps and training opportunities through interaction with internal and external stakeholders.
- Previous experience in a risk and compliance role or similar
- Exposure to Broking and General Insurance.
- Knowledge of financial services laws, ASIC requirements.
- Degree qualified in Business, Commerce or Legal would be highly regarded.
- RG146 compliant (preferable but not essential)
- Strong time management, organisational and analytical skills, attention to detail, problem solving and communication, both verbally and written.
We're a team of authentic and smart individuals focused on providing exceptional value to our clients and our local communities. Meaningful and genuine relationships are at the heart of our business success and we're proud of our positive impact.
Here at Aon, you're always more than just a job title. We encourage and support you to expand your knowledge and grow alongside some of the best people in the business - in Australia and throughout our connected global networks.
How to apply:
- As a valued colleague of Aon, you (and your family) have access to benefits that support your holistic wellbeing
- You will receive a generous Group Salary Continuance Insurance (SCI) policy which will provide you with up to 75% of your salary
- Aon actively supports employees who wish to pursue work-related studies
- Aon colleagues gain access to the Well One app. The Well One program aims to support colleagues in balancing emotional, physical, lifestyle and financial wellbeing
Please submit your up to date resume and cover letter with relevant experiences.
Aon is committed to creating a winning and inclusive culture with growth and development opportunities for everyone. Diversity is the foundation on which we have built our world-class organization, unparalleled in delivering distinctive value through the work we do.
We embrace an inclusive culture where our people trust each other, respect diversity and share ideas freely.