Research Associate, Wealth Management
About The Company
Morgan Stanley Wealth Management provides holistic wealth management services to clients investing in both domestic and international financial markets, alternative investments, and a broad range of products, approved for distribution. Our services and products include providing financial advice, financial planning, investment margin lending, structured products, managed funds, alternative investments, and crypto-approved products. About The Role
Morgan Stanley Wealth Management's Research department is currently seeking a Research Associate based in Sydney. Responsibilities
• Sector coverage of managed funds and exchange traded products (ETP) domicilied in Australia or Overseas
• Prepare periodical reports that justify the selection of our preferred funds for different asset classes.
• Participate in the weekly investment committee meeting providing updates on your coverage universe.
• Provide ad hoc investment ideas that are consistent with the firm's Tactical Asset Allocation views.
• Engage with industry participants and stay abreast with industry trends and new products.
• Expand the coverage in terms of thematic and Responsible Investing funds.
• Assist with the preparation of other periodic reports from the Research Department.
• Respond in a timely manner to requests for data and information from internal and external clients.
• Assisting in the design and preparation of marketing and other materials. Qualifications: Qualifications/ Skills Required
• Strong analytical / financial skills required.
• An understanding of key market and financial terminologies.
• Interest in thematic and Responsible Investing.
• Strong spreadsheet skills, and conversant with software such as Microsoft Office and Bloomberg.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills essential.
• Quick learner with structured mind-set and accountability.
• Proactive and hard-working with the ability to work to deadlines.
• Strong focus on coordination and teamwork.
• Degree in Finance and/or Accounting.
• Programming and statistical modelling skills would be viewed favourably. Equal Opportunity Statement
Morgan Stanley's goal is to build and maintain a workforce that is diverse in experience and background but uniform in reflecting our standards of integrity and excellence. Consequently, our recruiting efforts reflect our desire to attract and retain the best and brightest from all talent pools. We want to be the first choice for prospective employees.
It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce.