Research Analyst, Mining
About The Company
Morgan Stanley has earned an enviable reputation for the originality of its research and the value it creates for investors and decision makers. Consistently ranked among the top in its field, our Equity Research team looks at economic, market, industry, and company data to enhance the performance of clients' global portfolios and to help companies set their strategic direction. About The Role
An opportunity exists for a Research Analyst to join our highly rated Australia Mining Research team, working with our lead Australia Mining analyst. Responsibilities
• Creating and maintaining models by leveraging skills in Mining, Accounting, Finance, and economics.
• Covering and co-covering stocks in the gold and base metals space.
• Researching and carrying out data analysis on time series data.
• Writing reports on companies or sector focus in the mining space.
• Responding to requests for data and information from internal and external clients
• Assisting in the design and preparation of analyst marketing materials
• Collaborating with domestic, regional and global colleagues on research projects
• Developing relationships and interacting with colleagues in research, equity sales and trading and wealth management, as well as institutional clients, investor relations professionals, company management and other industry participants Qualifications: Qualifications/ Skills Required
• Minimum 3 years' experience gained either in a similar role or as a combination of operational (mining) and financial (in a similar role) experience.
• Prior mining knowledge/experience required.
• A university degree or post-graduate qualification preferably but not limited to Commerce, Finance, Engineering, or post-graduate Finance related study.
• Advanced Excel skills are required for this job.
• Highly motivated, proactive and hard-working, with a willingness to work independently, meet deadlines and take responsibility for outcomes
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• A natural curiosity in corporate strategy and how businesses operate, succeed and fail.
• Ability to construct financial models and work with large data sets in order to identify financial relationships and draw investment conclusions
• Ability to think creatively, generate ideas and to problem solve
• Ability to work in small teams, with a strong focus on coordination, collaboration and teamwork Equal Opportunity Statement
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.