Release and Deployment Lead
Your skills and experience
This Technical Release Lead role will need to work in a dynamic manner, demonstrate strong technical skills and have strong relationship management and communication skills. The role will demonstrate discipline in the execution of risk management, a high level of initiative and the ability to work in a fast-paced and collaborative team environment. The role will require:
Good to have:
- 5+ years of experience in insurance or wealth management policy admin system s preferably in a mainframe environment
- Experience in source control management and deployment tools (such as, CA Endevor, AutoRABIT, Bamboo, etc)
- Exposure to release and environment management at an enterprise level
- Experience with large projects and multiple stakeholders
- Experience in agile and/or waterfall delivery techniques
- A strong desire to deliver IT solutions to support the achievement of business objectives
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Strong negotiation and facilitation s skills
- Previous experience on integration projects
- A strong team work ethos, striving to make a difference
- A degree and/or relevant professional qualifications
- Expereine in the Insurance/finance sector systems and processes eg. Products, undersrting, claims, infrastrcture etc e etc
- Understanding of mainframe technologies, CICS, Cobol, CA Endevor, etc
- Experience across other tools such as JIRA and Confluence.
- Most likely this person has a Developer background .
Key responsibilities will include:
- Experience in mid-range environment
- Experience across other technologies including web applications, workflow applications, document management systems, etc.
- Work with the Project and Production Support teams to identify risk and define mitigation plans in each technical area of development due to share components and code contention across multiple parallel development streams.
- Develop and introduce the code release management framework, including the use of appropriate tools, segregation of duties etc.
- Co-ordinating, planning and managing code deployment activities for respective delivery streams in test environments.
- Working closely with technology stakeholders including Program & Project Managers, Environment Managers, Test Managers, Implementation Managers, Developers and SMEs.
- Manage the release of code into the test/production environments.
- Enhance the existing Release Notes process.
- Supporting Developers in planning development activities.
- Analysis and coordination of impacted upstream / downstream systems.
- Facilitate stakeholder workshops and regular meetings.
- Prepare runsheets to plan and coordinate code upgrades in test environments for production refresh and back sync of production code.
- Conduct weekly meetings with Tech Leads to plan future code upgrades in test environment.