Regulatory Affairs Manager - Regulatory Change
- Sydney CBD
- Nov 02, 2021
An organisation that strives to provide employee benefits that truly make the workplace a great place to work. An inclusive culture and genuine commitment to achieving gender equality in the workplace Regulatory Affairs Manager - Regulatory Change
Great opportunity to join a top performing industry fund, passionate about providing opportunities and experiences that help its people develop and grow in their careers, with a strong sense of social responsibility, and a clear understanding that the organisation values must represent and reflect your own. Our Client
Great opportunity to join an organisation that is proud to offer to our people a truly collaborative workplace that responds to rapid change, without losing sight of what they stand for. An organisation that strives to provide employee benefits that truly make the workplace 'a great place to work'. About the role
The role requires you to acquire a thorough understanding of our regulatory obligations, oversee the implementation of these across the business and attestation of fund compliance by the business, and escalate if there is a risk of non-compliance
The successful candidate
- As a Regulatory Affairs Manager, you will proactively identify and monitor regulatory developments, and emerging trends in particular where the AIST/ASFA co-ordinates industry response on behalf of member funds as part of industry consultations.
- Keep abreast of relevant regulatory developments and undertake initial assessments of regulatory change to assist in determining impacts to the Organisation.
- Research and interpret legislation, Standards and Guidance to maintain an up-to-date knowledge base of regulatory reform both domestically and globally.
- Provide a liaison point and advisor to the business, to clarify/interpret the regulatory reform, together with a Line 2 Legal Advisor, and be able to ascertain actionable insights for the business to ensure fund compliance.
- Assist SM Reg Affairs with running of RCWG and associated reporting to RR&R.
- Liaise with Business Divisions and risk and compliance with regard to regulatory interactions and developments.
- Assist with preparing regulatory interactions and regulatory insights reports for management committees and the Board of Directors.
- Active involvement in compliance training and development activities, promoting risk awareness and active risk management.
- Develop communication tools and updates to the Intranet pages on Regulatory Change, to ensure the business is kept abreast of regulatory reform developments.
- Coordinate and collate information on status of fund compliance for each piece of regulatory change and prepare reports for the boards, ExecCo and other forums to support greater visibility and transparency across the business.
- Set up working groups to kick-start the implementation process for regulatory reform together with Line 2 Legal Representative and prepare briefing packs for project or BAU stream leads on each regulatory reform.
- Act as an advisor to the business, to ensure an awareness and understanding of the new reform requirements.
- 3+ years' experience gained from within a wealth regulatory affairs, compliance, or risk management environment (preferably)
- Solid understanding of the Australian, regional, and global regulatory environment and (emerging) requirements.
- Able to grasp abstract or complex concepts and interpret for key stakeholders within the business.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills that demonstrate a proven record of success in building relationships across the business.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the capacity to lead conversations with business leaders as well as risk and compliance colleagues.
- Ability to pick up regulations quickly and overlay these with business propositions will prove critical to success.
- Legal/ Law background preferred