Reconciliations - Associate
About The Company
The Shareworks by Morgan Stanley story started in 1999 in Calgary, Canada, when an idea was formed and sketched out on a paper napkin. Today the company is one of the largest FinTech companies in Canada, and a global leader in simplifying the complexities of equity-based compensation plans. We owe our extraordinary growth to our product, Shareworks and, most importantly, to the fantastic people who have helped to make our company what it is today.
Shareworks currently has over 800 employees across the world, with offices from Calgary to San Francisco, London to Barcelona, and Hong Kong to Australia - and we’re still growing (yep, read the news)! We’ve cemented our success by hiring amazing people, instilling a culture of collaboration and innovation, and being laser-focused on providing remarkable service. As we continue to scale towards being the incomparable leader in our industry, we are looking for more exceptional people to write the next chapter with us. About The Division
Operations is one of the largest divisions in the firm and has diverse responsibilities and plays an integral role in supporting one of the businesses largest core functions; trading, settlement and reconciliations.
These responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Ensuring that all operational risks are recognised and managed accordingly
• Ensuring regulatory framework/requirements are adhered to
• Oversight responsibilities
• Developing and maintaining strong client relationships
• Making sure transactions are settled, recorded and reconciled correctly
• Providing value-added support in new markets and new products
• Continually seeking opportunities for improvement and delivering innovative solutions
• Maintaining key internal and external relationships
• Strategic planning and execution of Operations centric business goals About the Role
Based in Sydney's CBD and reporting to the Assistant Vice President Reconciliation and Settlement, the Reconciliations Administrator plays a key governance role for Shareworks by Morgan Stanley and our clients.
A successful candidate will be required to undertake various reconciliation tasks, including the daily completion of reconciliations directly linked to our regulatory reporting requirements.
Reconciliations is responsible for ensuring timely reconciliation of cash and shares, mitigation of any market risk and remediation of any discrepancies that occur across the portfolio of client plans. The role is also a critical resource internally for ensuring that transactions are processed efficiently and effectively, client accounts and records are up to date, and participants receive their money in a timely fashion in accordance with Australian Client Money Regulations. Responsibilities
• Processing of both reconciliations, including Trading, HIN, Omnibus and Cash accounts.
• Raising reconciliation items for investigation via the reconciliation tracking system and driving the business for timely closure of said items.
• Escalation of risk or exposure issues to management & mobilise cross-functional teams to assist in investigations.
• Daily and monthly reporting support for team management.
• Developing and maintaining strong relationships with key internal Business Units.
• Assist your team in implementing tactical and strategic solutions to close identified control gaps, working with other groups as appropriate.