As a Quantitative Systematic Trading Intern at SIG, you will work on projects that model the work of our full-time employees. You will also go through a comprehensive education program and interact with mentors who are at the top of their field, allowing you to build foundational knowledge in quantitative finance. What you'll do
What we're looking for
- Over the 10-week program, you'll apply probability, statistics and mathematical creativity to several impactful trading projects.
- Collaborate with researchers, traders, and technologists to help transform our quantitative modeling into trading opportunities and strategies.
- Join an industry leading training program and be mentored by industry experts on topics including option theory and option modeling in the classroom to help build a foundation for a long-term career
What's in it for you
- Students in the penultimate year of their PhD program in a quantitative field such as Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Operations Research, or Economics
- Solid, analytical problem-solving skills
- Excellent logical reasoning
- Exceptional communication skills, both in the ability to understand others and to make yourself clearly understood
- Experience writing code to process and analyze large sets of data, especially in Python
- Experience in C++ or other low level programming languages is a plus
- Demonstrated interest in strategic games and/or competitive activities
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Our market leading education program, incorporating classroom theory and simulated learning.
- Our non-hierarchical culture allows employees of every level to thrive and have an impact. We are not your typical trading firm - the environment is casual, collaborative and we focus on continuous development.
- Fully stocked kitchen - daily breakfast and lunch.
- Regular social, sporting, and community events.
- Visa sponsorship and relocation package where required.
- Explore our benefits and culture link
Apply -> Online Assessments -> Recruiter Interview -> Technical Interview -> Final Round Interviews -> Offer!
By applying to this role, you will be automatically considered for the Quantitative Research Internship program. There is no need to apply to both positions to be considered for both. Equal Opportunity statement
We encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com. About SIG
SIG is a global quantitative trading firm founded by a group of friends who share a passion for game theory and probabilistic thinking. We have incorporated this approach into our culture, where you will find relentless problem solvers within each of our core disciplines: Trading, Technology, and Quantitative Research. From offices around the world, our employees collaborate to make optimal decisions and are driven by the desire to achieve winning results together. What we do
We are experts in trading essentially all listed financial products and asset classes, with a focus on derivatives trading. Through market making and market taking, we handle millions of trading transactions around the world every day, providing liquidity and ensuring competitive prices for buyers and sellers. While our presence in the market is broad, our trading desks are highly specialized, allowing for a deep understanding of unique drivers of each asset class.
SIG does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or search firms. Any resume or referral submitted in the absence of a signed agreement will become the property of SIG and no fee will be paid.