We're looking for quant-minded strategists who value the power of interdisciplinary knowledge and cooperative thinking. Our Quantitative Systematic Traders combine the skills of quantitative research with the knowledge of trading to develop new electronic strategies and monitor real-time performance. As a true hybrid of our core disciplines, Quantitative Systematic Traders are constantly communicating and connecting ideas between trading, technology, and quantitative research. What you'll do
The general life cycle of a quant project begins with an idea:
- This idea can come from anyone: you, the mentor who sits beside you, or someone you meet in the cafeteria.
- As a Quantitative Systematic Trader, you will investigate that idea by immersing yourself in market data, leveraging tools in mathematics, statistics, and programming.
- Through your research, you may discover a new pattern that can transform into a trading signal.
- To assess the strength of that trading signal, you will run it through our backtesting environment and carefully analyze its performance.
- If that signal produces profitable results, you will work side-by-side with technologists and put it into production.
- Once that signal is embedded in our electronic trading strategies, you will actively monitor its real-time performance in the financial markets.
- As your trading strategy evolves, you will discuss with other researchers, strategists, and traders to collect feedback and brainstorm new ideas.
- Some of those ideas will turn into new quant projects, and the life cycle starts all over again.
We have a comprehensive orientation program designed to bridge the gap between academia and industry. Education topics include an introduction to options pricing, exposure to our proprietary data sets, and opportunities to practice data analysis techniques. Beyond orientation, our trading floor serves as an unlimited source of discussion for learning and development. What we're looking for
What's in it for you
- Master's degree in a quantitative field such as Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Operations Research, or Economics
- Solid, analytical problem-solving skills
- Excellent logical reasoning
- Exceptional communication skills, both in the ability to understand others and to make yourself clearly understood
- Experience writing code to process and analyze large sets of data, especially in Python
- Experience in C++ or other low level programming languages is a plus
- Demonstrated interest in strategic games and/or competitive activities
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environments
- Our market leading education program, incorporating classroom theory, simulated learning, and a secondment to our Philadelphia office is renowned to set graduates up for success.
- Our non-hierarchical culture allows employees of every level to thrive and have an impact. We are not your typical trading firm - the environment is casual, collaborative and we focus on continuous development.
- Highly competitive remuneration, attractive bonus, and additional leave entitlements.
- Private healthcare and gym allowances, plus wellness initiatives.
- Fully stocked kitchen - daily breakfast and lunch.
- Regular social, sporting, and community events.
- Visa sponsorship and relocation package where required.
- Explore our benefits and culture link
Apply -> Online Assessments -> Recruiter Interview -> Technical Interview -> Final Round Interviews -> Job Offer!
By applying to this role, you will be automatically considered for the Quantitative Researcher position. There is no need to apply to both positions in order to be considered for both. Equal Opportunity statement
We encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. About SIG
SIG is a global quantitative trading firm founded by a group of friends who share a passion for game theory and probabilistic thinking. We have incorporated this approach into our culture, where you will find relentless problem solvers within each of our core disciplines: Trading, Technology, and Quantitative Research. From offices around the world, our employees collaborate to make optimal decisions and are driven by the desire to achieve winning results together. What we do
We are experts in trading essentially all listed financial products and asset classes, with a focus on derivatives trading. Through market making and market taking, we handle millions of trading transactions around the world every day, providing liquidity and ensuring competitive prices for buyers and sellers. While our presence in the market is broad, our trading desks are highly specialized, allowing for a deep understanding of unique drivers of each asset class.
SIG does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or search firms. Any resume or referral submitted in the absence of a signed agreement will become the property of SIG and no fee will be paid.