THE COMPANY:Born out of Financial Markets & Instruments pricing research, this Data Science/Data Management solutions company provides a world-leading suite of software solutions for clients wishing to consume and make use of market data at scale. Their flagship SaaS platform manages immense time series data sets
in an AWS cloud environment and allows for pricing/trade strategy back testing, historical analysis, trade surveillance and compliance across a range of products including equities, derivatives, fixed income, foreign exchange, cryptocurrencies, money markets, energy and ETFs. THE ROLE:
In this newly created 'Test as Code' QA role, you will be embedded with the software engineering team and take responsibility for the design and implementation of tests which prove the functional and non-functional requirements of the company's flagship Data Analytics platform. You will report directly to the CTO and work hand-in-glove with the lead architect to define and execute the test strategy. You will own the test environment and pioneer a QA mindset across the organisation - helping Software Engineers to include testing in their processes, striving for continuous improvement and rooting-out opportunities for automation. You will be working in a predominantly AWS and Linux development environment. The test environment is broad, covering; User interfaces, API’s and Infrastructure. Your testing influence will cover at least Unit, Integration and Regression testing.
The use of open source or best practice frameworks and systems is preferred and you will strive to embrace automation wherever practical. THE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensuring software quality within the SCRUM team.
- Write test strategies and test plans for project initiatives.
- Set out the frameworks or systems to use to test a given project.
- Review and accept the testability of stories into the Sprint Backlog.
- Provide test estimates for every Story/Bug/Enhancement in the Sprint Backlog.
- Write modifications or custom test systems for a given Project.
- Govern the movement of stories/bugs/enhancements into the Test Workflow step of a Sprint.
- Ensure the item has been unit and integration tested and the Software Engineer can demonstrate that it meets the requirements.
- Ensure test documentation is appropriate, maintained and visible to the stakeholders.
- Performance test administration, design, execution and detailed analysis.
- Ensuring the defined Test Process and Software Development Process is followed for each Project.
- Responsible for the overall quality of a given Project and ensures everyone on the team is aware of the quality and testing goals.
- Produce a Test Summary Report at the end of a Project to demonstrate the quality of the system and how it has been validated.
- Strong analytical skills, able to break complex systems into small more manageable units in order to make testing easier.
- Experience in software testing - performing functional, performance, load and availability testing.
- Prior development experience in Python in a Linux environment.
- Good scripting skills (Python, bash, etc).
- Demonstrate the ability to automate processes.
- Previous experience in browser, API and unit testing.
- Experience in Selenium based frameworks for browser testing.
- Previous experience in an Agile SCRUM environment.
- Experience with continuous integration.
- Strong documentation and information management skills
- Git source control and knowledge of Unix/Linux systems.
- Experience with data analytics/science.
- Exposure to CI (e.g. Jenkins) and UI testing frameworks.
- Experience working with Atlassian products (Jira, Confluence, etc.).
- Exposure to Release and Deployment management.
- Problem Solving: identifying current issues, keeping an eye on potential future problems and seeking effective solutions.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, or Core Sciences.
- Enthusiastic, attentive to quality, and desire to have fun!
Candidates with suitable experience will be contacted at the earliest opportunity. Candidates within Australia and with Australian working rights will be given priority.