Professional Services - Practice Manager - Infrastructure
Do you have IT experience in enterprise or Public Sector customers? Have you hired and led teams of consultants to assist enterprise customers to manage and implement IT related projects? Can you guide an enterprise customer through a variety of projects involving IT strategy, distributed architecture implementation, and hybrid cloud operations? Can you build and mentor world class teams that drive breakthrough business results using cutting edge technologies?
At Amazon Web Services Limited, we're hiring highly technical cloud computing consultants to help AWS customers and partners develop technical expertise and deliver cloud based solutions to key customer engagements. Our consultants deliver IT infrastructure architecture guidance, proof-of-concept projects, perform enterprise portfolio assessments, assist customers with IT Transformation, review operational best practices and conduct skills transfer workshops.
Our consultants collaborate with customers and partners to address security and compliance, performance and scale, availability and manageability. They advise customers on migrating existing systems and building new systems using the full range of AWS services.
To meet our growing demand, we are hiring Practice Managers to guide these teams of consultants and define, design and drive the cloud-consulting model of the future and help our customers to transition to the AWS platform.
• Mentor and coach great people - attract top IT talent (architecture, security, big data, operations, IT Transformation) to build high performing teams of consultants with excellent technical depth and a true commitment to delighting our customers
• Deliver value - Manage high quality delivery of a variety of customized consulting engagements with partners and enterprise customers in the commercial and public sectors.
• Be a customer advocate - Work with AWS engineering teams to convey partner and enterprise customer feedback as input to AWS technology roadmaps
• Engage customers - collaborate with enterprise marketing managers and develop strong customer and partner relationships to build a growing consulting business within Australia
• Foster a culture of innovation within the team
Amazon aims to be the most customer centric company on earth. Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers critical applications for hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • People / Team management experience of managing and growing high performing teams
• Experience in enterprise IT Infrastructure, IT Service Management or IT Application Management
• Experience in developing capability plans, resource allocation models and skills roadmap for a professional services business
• Delivery experience with enterprise or Public Sector customers
• Able to work in a diverse team
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Hands on experience in IT Infrastructure projects
CULTURE AND COMMITMENT TO INCLUSION, DIVERSITY & EQUITY
At AWS, we don't mind being called "peculiar." We see beauty in simplifying the complex, and we're comfortable being misunderstood. That might sound unorthodox. We believe in removing obstacles so builders can build which is why our people enjoy working in AWS.Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
We're passionate about supporting the needs of our people and their family. This may include:
• Comprehensive Private Health Insurance
• Paid Maternity and Parental Leave
• Flexible workplace: flexible daily working hours, we value work-life-harmony
• Amazon Employee Discount on product and services
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Want to Come Build the Future with us? Don't wait, apply today!
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.