Welcome to Morningstar. We're a people-centric company led by a mission to empower investor success.
- Join a diverse community of great people who support their peers and their communities.
- We give our employees opportunities to grow from early career to experienced hires-and you can build a career that matters at Morningstar.
- We support personal and professional development through a variety of programs, including an annual Education Stipend that you choose how to spend to support your growth.
At Morningstar, we strive to Empower Investor Success. We tirelessly pursue ways to combine our data, insights and portfolio construction capabilities to help solve investors' needs. Our solutions pave the way for advisers to help investors achieve their goals with confidence.
The Morningstar Wealth offerings allow investors and advisers to collaborate through their financial journey. We build products and offer services that connect people to the financial information, tools & portfolios they need. The Opportunity:
We are looking for an enthusiastic, results-driven Product Manager - Investment Management Governance. The role is responsible for all matters product governance for our investment management business. The focus is to ensure we deliver market leading and compliant investment products - with this role heavily focused on our managed funds offerings.
Through your experience in investment management, you'll understand the day-to-day needs in operating a successful product line-up and be able to prioritise your time to focus on the most meaningful and impactful opportunities to drive product success. You'll be a champion of continuous improvement to enhance the way we operate and support a highly effective product management function. You'll demonstrate a clear understanding of the regulatory and compliance landscape. Additionally, day to day could see you being responsible for the following:
We're interested in hearing from people who have:
- Own the ongoing oversight of our multi-asset and single-sector solutions (with a heavy emphasis on our fund offerings), including ensuring the accuracy and availability of product disclosure, platform availability, sales collateral and other needs.
- Drive all accountabilities related to Product Governance including the various committees and meetings.
- Oversee product rationalisation efforts, ensuring timely and successful outcomes for all stakeholders.
- Support the development of proposals for new product launches or product rationalisation, using data and an analytical approach.
- Conduct competitor analysis, partnering with other stakeholders to source and present insight that articulates the unique differentiators for Morningstar's product range.
- Partner with sales, marketing and investments to support the creation of investment product messaging and positioning.
- Perform analysis on key performance indicators (KPIs) and measurements of product success (product revenue, product profitability, customer satisfaction, quality, cost implications, forecasts, etc.).
- Act as the product subject matter expert, respond to enquiries from internal teams and partners (e.g. platforms) and ensure clear and regular product-related communications to stakeholder groups.
- Keep abreast of regulatory developments which impact Australian investment portfolios and partner with other stakeholders to assess impact on existing solutions.
- Drive continuous improvement efforts to our product range and disclosure.
Build a career that matters at Morningstar
- Proven track record in investment product management experience with a clear understanding of product management within a regulated financial services environment.
- A solid understanding of the regulatory and compliance landscape impacting investment products and how it applies to investment management.
- An ability to independently determine priorities and assess trade-offs when faced with multiple tasks.
- Highly effective communicator with excellent writing, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Proven track record of managing investment product launches and/or rationalisation efforts.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills including demonstrated experience with research and data analysis to drive meaningful insight.
At Morningstar, your contributions have meaning and can drive change. We offer a place where talented, driven people can grow. Our differences are our strength; the fact that we don't all think the same way and encourage unique perspectives helps create great products and services for our clients. Morningstar deeply values diversity and considers having a diverse employee base as core to the intellectual vibrancy of our spaces, the employee experience, and ultimately our business success. We are proud that we have been acknowledged with Best Places to Work certifications in many of our global locations.
Sound like the sort of role for you? Apply now.
The preferred candidate will be subject to background screening by Morningstar or by our external third-party provider. Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer. No recruitment agencies, please.
704_MstarAusAsiaPtyL Morningstar Australasia Pty Limited Legal Entity
If you receive and accept an offer from us, we require that personal and any related investments be disclosed confidentiality to our Compliance team (days vary by region). These investments will be reviewed to ensure they meet Code of Ethics requirements. If any conflicts of interest are identified, then you will be required to liquidate those holdings immediately. In addition, dependent on your department and location of work certain employee accounts must be held with an approved broker (for example all, U.S. employee accounts). If this applies and your account(s) are not with an approved broker, you will be required to move your holdings to an approved broker.
Morningstar's hybrid work environment gives you the opportunity to work remotely and collaborate in-person each week. While some positions are available as fully remote, we've found that we're at our best when we're purposely together on a regular basis, typically three days each week. A range of other benefits are also available to enhance flexibility as needs change. No matter where you are, you'll have tools and resources to engage meaningfully with your global colleagues.