Process Owner - Account Maintenance
The Account Management Team forms one of the four teams that provide customer 'value add' services within the broader Core Operations team. This team is responsible for the management of end-to-end service delivery of Account Opening, Account Maintenance & Account Closure processes.
The Process Owner for the Account Administration Team will cover below areas of responsibilities which include; Customer Screening, Deceased Estates, Customer Demographic Maintenance and Account Closures/Maintenance
The incumbent will drive the successful execution of responsible process through stakeholder management that may be onshore or offshore Key areas of focus are the delivery of KPI's, execution quality, exception management, continuous improvement, execution of stakeholder initiatives and regulatory compliance.
It is anticipated that approximately 50% of time will be dedicated to overseeing the process and maintaining governance through MIS, including providing support for exception cases. The remaining 50% of time should be dedicated to process improvements, which may involve the provision of expertise for projects. Responsibilities:
- Manage key operational processes - understand the end-to-end process, required controls, stakeholders involved, desired customer experience, and key drivers.
- Manage key process drivers - costs, volumes, handoffs, service level agreements, customer service standards and problem incidence. Proactively monitor volumes and service standards and take action to reduce costs, improve quality and the overall customer experience.
- Identify current and potential "bottle necks/breakage points" and take appropriate action to eliminate and improve quality and timeliness of output.
- Manage and resolve exception matters escalated by processing areas, consistent with Citi policy and in keeping with the desired customer experience.
- Follow appropriate reporting mechanisms to document incidences of processing error or failed controls.
- Provide direction and subject matter expertise on changes to processes resulting from new business initiatives, regulatory or compliance required changes. Engage relevant stakeholders involved in the execution or oversight of processes to ensure changes are successfully implemented and appropriately documented.
- Ensure the business unit and on/offshore vendors adhere to policies and procedures, contractual obligation, regulatory and legislative requirements. Ensure complete and accurate documentation is maintained at all times.
- Manage accurate reporting of operational metrics and business drivers.
- Share knowledge, seek out industry "best practice" ideas and foster a supportive and diverse working environment
- Resolve varied and complex issues using professional judgment, discretion, and business expertise
- Has the ability to operate with a limited level of direct supervision.
- Can exercise independence of judgement and autonomy.
- Acts as SME to senior stakeholders and /or other team members.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 2-5 years of relevant experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- High level knowledge of related to industry standards and practices
- Ability to work unsupervised and adjust priorities quickly as circumstances dictate
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and detail oriented
- Proven organization and time management skills
- Demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Understanding of operational process and their relationships across the organisation both onshore and offshore.
- Knowledge of Citibank products, policies, and procedures is desirable but not essential.
- Understanding and knowledge of the platforms and systems on which these processes operate is desirable but not essential.
- Experience in working with multiple sites and stakeholders
- Previous experience in process ownership and management
- Understanding key regulatory legislation is desirable but not essential (Banking Code of Practice, FATCA/CRS.)
- Bachelor's degree/University degree or equivalent experience
Citi has entered into an agreement with NAB to acquire its consumer bank in Australia which includes residential mortgages, deposits, and unsecured lending.
The sale is expected to complete in March 2022. As this is a role to work in Citi's consumer bank, the successful candidate will initially be employed by Citi, but on sale completion, their employment will transfer to a NAB (or) a new entity that will employ Citi's consumer bank employees, prior to their transfer to NAB Job Family Group:
Operations - Core Job Family:
Operations Support Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting