Principal Solution Designer - Customer Service Hub
About the Business Unit and Team
The Customer Service Hub Program is enabling a 21st century experience for our customers and employees through a one bank, multi-brand digital platform.
This multi-year transformation program starts with helping more customers achieve their home ownership dreams, and is a key component of the Westpac Group's service revolution and digital transformation strategies. As a team we will deliver a single view of the customer, simplify, standardise and rationalise our products, processes, policies and technology and help reshape the Westpac of the future.
CSH are looking for Solution Designers (Applications)
to be responsible for providing expert technical and/or domain expertise to both business and IT, covering all aspects of system applications including package integration and configuration, development, maintenance, support, configuration, testing, implementation and/or enhancements across multiple domains. Key responsibilities
As a Solution Designer, you will have a truly techno / functional role accountable for development of detailed designs to support the high level technical architecture definition during the implementation phase. Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Solution Design - End to End solution design and detailed technical design assurance for the implementation of the Oracle Banking Platform into the existing Westpac Legacy Landscape and delivery of new digital capabilities. Accountability for development of design solution options, socialisation and endorsement of key decisions and way forward. Accountability to ensure that agreed designs support the business process, are understood by consuming teams (development teams, testing, change management and operations) and are reliable, meet non-functional needs and are operationally sound.
- Technology project & resource management - Manage and coach virtual team of business and IT analysts to define and develop designs that meets technology and business requirements and realise benefits within the project's agreed scope, time, cost and quality. Through the management of this team proactively identify, support and close to resolution all design risks and issues as well as finalise integration mappings and specifications. Estimate cost and effort for technical delivery to support PI planning and waterfall estimation processes.
- Stakeholder Management - Liaise with project team members (Business, Architecture, Security and Operations) and Suppliers to ensure strong relationships are maintained and all design key decisions and concerns are well understood and accounted for in stakeholder and change management plans.
- Best practice and compliance - Ensure that agreed standards and processes within Westpac are adhered to ensure fulfilment of regulatory obligations and architecture standards. Presentation of designs and relevant governance forums.
- Strategy and innovation - Recommend new strategies, solutions and development techniques to ensure that the technology solutions are innovative, modern and meet Technology and Business requirements.
- 7 years' experience in Information Technology, primarily in applications solution architecture, solution design or senior technical lead (mandatory)
- Advanced knowledge of systems integration including API & batch integration architecture, design and development (mandatory)
- Strong knowledge of technical concepts of enterprise architecture and contemporary IT strategies and directions (mandatory)
- Knowledge of digital application development including security implications with exposure to agile development (highly desirable)
- Experience integrating packaged solutions such as SAP, Oracle, JD Edwards, PeopleSoft etc. is (desirable)
- Experience of Mortgage domain and / or Oracle Banking Platform (desirable)
- Ability to independently work in a highly federated matrixed environment (mandatory)
Westpac Group is an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, this role is open to experienced candidates seeking a discussion around workplace flexibility.