DESCRIPTION Amazon.com employs more than ~1,400K staff worldwide. As the company continues to grow, we are looking for a Payroll Manager with significant payroll experience in Australia. The role will work as a Payroll Operations Manager with various internal and external teams to identify an appropriate payroll vendor, system set up and work closely with payroll operations team in India. The role is a part of the Global Payroll Financial Operations team, based out of Sydney. This position will drive the innovation needed to deliver a world class payroll service that meets the needs of our people and our diverse range of stakeholders.
This position will be responsible for all aspects of country wide Payroll Operations including managing group workload, establishing priorities, and ensuring adherence to existing policies and procedures. This position will also act as an escalation point in resolving outstanding issues with internal and external business partners.
• Manage all aspects of payroll and support internal / external stakeholders on projects that involve / impact the pay for employees or the accounting process.
• Manage the integrity of the payroll system and process.
• Oversee the monthly and weekly payrolls processing of payments for approx. 5000 employees and preparation of month end and year end payroll reporting
• Perform deep dive analysis to establish opportunities for improvement to streamline and continue to improve our payroll processes.
• Understand and anticipate the downstream impacts resulting from process, policy, system or legislation changes.
• Continually strive to improve efficiency and effectiveness of existing systems and look for enhancements related to current systems and procedures based on KAIZEN and LEAN methodologies.
• Provide clear communication to partners and employees when researching and resolving inquiries.
• Track, measure and report on the Service Level Agreement (SLA) metrics.
• Demonstrate a high degree of discretion and confidentiality.
• Support scheduled and adhoc payroll tasks such as reporting, reconciliations, tax filings during the start or end of year, and maintaining annual employee earning records.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Experience managing a payroll function in a medium to large operational organization.
• Demonstrated knowledge of relevant Australian legislation related to payroll, superannuation and taxation•
• Experience collaborating with offshore teams, which will require flexibility with working hours.
• Ability to partner with the business and manage stakeholder expectations.
• Experience in change, with rollout of new / upgrading of payroll systems.
• Extensive knowledge of award interpretation and the ability to rapidly assimilate new and complex information
• Highly developed written and verbal communication skills
• Self-motivated with strong attention to detail
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Exposure to Process improvement tools such as GB, YB Lean certification
• Able to develop new processes and approaches with vertical/organization wide impact
• Ability to coach others in understanding ambiguous and complex processes
• Problem solving approach to simplify payroll processes and improve customer experience.
• Strong decision-making skills
All the while, you'll keep your eyes on the prize: building up these growing teams and cementing Amazon's wider Operations as a great place to work. In the process you'll show deep understanding of the unique challenges faced by customer-facing, highly interactive teams like these, and support their interests accordingly. If you're interested in joining a fast-growing and innovative company, and you meet the above requirements, don't hesitate to apply today! Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.