Ops Specialist, Line (Operations)
About The Company
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 747 offices in 42 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture. About The Division
Operations support the firm’s sales, trading and other business activities and has diverse responsibilities, including:
• Ensuring that all operational risks are recognised and managed
• Developing and maintaining strong client relationships
• Making sure transactions are settled and recorded correctly
• Providing value-added support in new markets and new products
• Continually seeking opportunities for improvement and delivering innovative solutions About the Team
The AU Securities Middle Office team supports all client-related equity trading activity from the point of trading through to settlement. The objective of the team is to maintain a high level of value added service and to partner with the Business Unit to address key internal and client issues. The team encompasses the below functional roles, the role will be expected to execute at a high level ensuring support and risk mitigation across all functional lines:
• Broker Services: AU/NZ Equity Markets
• Client Services : All Global Equity Markets
The Client Service aspect of the role is responsible for close liaison with the equities traders, client confirmation (including ETC) generation, interaction with domestic and offshore divisions to facilitate timely and accurate settlement plus accurate books and balances and trade booking functions. The team is the main point of contact responsible for handling all client service related tasks.
The Trade Support aspect of the role is responsible for close liaison with equities, derivatives and program desk traders, interaction with domestic and offshore divisions to facilitate timely and accurate settlement, reconciliations with the ASX, plus accurate books and balances and trade booking functions.
There are regulatory reporting requirements which are completed within this team, this impacts the starting/end times within the team and requires Director & Officer Sign off. Responsibilities
• Supporting clients and other business divisions to provide wide range of support related to post-trade execution and settlement process.
• Trade allocation and confirmation generation to clients.
• Query resolution from clients and sales traders.
• Client relationship management through day-to-day processing and contact.
• Establishing new client relationships, including AML documentation
• Monitoring unmatched trades for timely settlement.
• Reviewing and monitoring risk reports and managing exception items.
• Participation in projects and change initiatives.
• Onboarding & Static Data maintenance
• Reconcile wash, trading and intercompany accounts;
• Reconcile books and records with Exchange feeds after market close daily;
• Reconcile Operations / Front office books daily and send out relevant reporting;
• Co-ordinate and facilitate resolution of trade discrepancies (liaison with desk, IT);
• Deal maintenance and Trade Exception Processing: Amend trade details such as rate, quantity, TD/VD , etc instruction given by desk or client service groups.
• Settlement Processing and Fail Investigation: minimize fails to market and SL fails, also its extra borrow cost.
• Submit several Regulatory Reports to the ASX and ASIC
• Provide feedback on process improvements.
• Liaise with local and global IT teams to ensure that trades flow through firm systems correctly;
• Become involved in projects / strategic work as required
• Collate monthly management reporting data