Operations Manager (Ops)
• Lead from the front and be a part of the Earth's largest Cloud Platform organization
• Manage and Lead from the front + training & certifications + much more
• Subsidised Healthcare, Sign-on bonus, Stock and Shares, Paid commuting to work, subsidised mobile phone allowance
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking a highly motivated Technical Operations Manager who is passionate about people, operations and technology; Someone who wants work with and learn one of the fastest growing cloud platforms in the world and deliver extraordinary customer experience.
AWS Premium Support provides global technical support to a wide range of external customers as they build mission-critical applications on top of AWS services. As a member of the AWS Leadership team you will be at the forefront of this transformational technology, assisting companies that are taking advantage of a growing set of services & features to run their mission-critical applications. You will work with leading companies in this space and directly with Leads, Engineering and Associate teams within Amazon developing these new capabilities.
As a Operations Manager, you will be responsible for the day to day management, leadership, development, coaching and engagement of highly skilled and deeply technical support engineers who are focused on delivering an extraordinary customer experience in every interaction. You will be part a critical leader to the technical team based in Sydney working with customers from all over the world. Every day will bring new and exciting challenges whilst you:
• Drive and further develop the engineers in AWS.
• Hire, Develop and Inspire a team of Leads, Cloud Engineers and Cloud Associates.
• Work closely with peers to workforce plan, drive initiatives and outcomes at the site, regional and global level.
• Leverage day-to-day experiences to provide the voice of the customer to internal AWS teams
The ideal candidate will look like this....
Enjoy being a really great people manager, while building, motivating and mentoring world-class engineering teams. You should have a proven track record in recruiting and retaining top talent and excel in day-to-day people and performance management tasks.
Have a strong understanding of Cloud Technology - The ideal candidate will have past experience working with software development, support and/or infrastructure teams. You will also have a good understanding of Linux and/or Windows platforms and enjoy keeping your technical skills reasonably current, to the point that you can still contribute to troubleshooting discussions at a Senior Stakeholder level.
Have strong project & product management experience - You will feel comfortable defining the priorities for an engineering team. This will involve working on new and existing projects and being able to coach and mentor others through the lifecycle of each small, medium or large-scale project.
You will know how to run a tight, lean, efficient operation - You will be detail orientated, and will want to measure everything and be very data driven. You will excel at using metrics, monitoring and alarming to measure and improve the operational processes/performance of your teams.
Be great fun to work with - Our company credo is "We Pioneer". The right candidate will love what they do, innovate, inspire and most importantly instinctively know how to make work fun. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• The right person will be technical and be able to inspire and grow a team of engineers at all levels
• Strong business, operations and technical vision - Have been successful working across organizational boundaries, bringing together people with diverse perspectives and experience to find solutions to even the most complex of technical issues.
• Experience managing IT environments on behalf of customers.
• Be an innovative thinker balanced with a strong customer and quality focus. This leader will have a track record of achieving that balance, and have the battle scars to prove it.
• Flexible work schedules (weekends and/or evenings when required) PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Come with years of experience managing teams in relevant technical operations environments
• Strong verbal & written communication skills and demonstrated technical leadership experience
Amazon Web Services is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status