Operational Risk Manager, Wealth Management
About The Company
Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm and a market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. With offices in more than 43 countries the people of Morgan Stanley are dedicated to providing our clients the finest thinking, product and services to help them achieve even the most challenging goals. About The Team
This role sits within the Australian Wealth Management Operational Risk division in Line 1. The Operational Risk team is an independent function that oversees, monitors, measures and analyses operational risks across the Australian Wealth Management business to ensure they are operating within the businesses risk appetite levels across the network. Key Responsibilities Include:
• Develop, maintain and co-ordinate implementation of operational risk policies and procedures across the business
• Promote a positive operational risk culture throughout the business
• Prepare risk reporting and information packs for various Operational Risk Committees.
• Partner with functional groups, including Legal, Compliance, Operations, Credit, Tax, Financial Crimes Group and IT to identify, assess and mitigate business related risks
• Govern new business initiatives and work with the business and functional support areas on the initiatives
• User Entitlement and Business Continuity Plan coordination, review and approval
• Support regulatory inquiries, internal audits and compliance testing across the Australian business
• Track, report and manage all operational risk incidents. Complete post incident reviews and implement enhanced controls
• Support the annual Risk and Control Self-Assessment program
• Work with the Australian Wealth Management business on day-to-day queries and issues
• Work closely with Asia Wealth Management to ensure consistency of approach and alignment with operational risk practices
• Establish and maintain relationships with other internal stakeholders and departments
• Comply with the ethical standards contained within the Company Code of Conduct
• Adhere to Company policies and procedures, regulatory and legislative requirements Qualifications: We are looking for high calibre people who possess the following competencies: Technical/Specialist Skills/Competencies
• Risk Management or Compliance experience
• Advanced MS Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel skills
• Strong knowledge of Australian and International Financial Markets including knowledge of equities, listed and OTC derivatives, fixed income and foreign exchange products.
• High attention to detail and an analytical mindset
• Strong project management skills
• Strong organisational skills Personal Attributes/Interpersonal Skills
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
• Display a high level of resilience and strong ability to prioritise tasks
• Goal-oriented with demonstrated drive and initiative
• Ability to prioritise competing adviser or business requests in a fast paced environment Qualifications/Experience
• University Degree qualified in Finance, Business or Economics degree preferable but not essential.
• Recognised industry qualifications preferred but not essential
• At least 4 years of prior Risk Management or Compliance experience.
• Experience within wealth management, financial planning or banking highly desirable. Equal Opportunity Statement
Morgan Stanley's goal is to build and maintain a workforce that is diverse in experience and background but uniform in reflecting our standards of integrity and excellence. Consequently, our recruiting efforts reflect our desire to attract and retain the best and brightest from all talent pools. We want to be the first choice for prospective employees.
It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce.