As an Operational Desk Assistant, you will be responsible for assisting traders with all administrative tasks and projects pertaining to the daily trading function. You will act as liaison between desk traders and other dealers, traders or brokers when it comes to executing orders per the request of traders. Traders will depend on your assistance for maintaining trade positions, profit and loss (P&L) reports, and information exchange. This role will give you the opportunity to enter the dynamic environment of trading with a team of knowledgeable professionals.
The role requires an understanding of financial instruments especially equities, futures and equity derivatives, as the successful candidate will be working with experienced traders in the financial sector. Knowing how to work directly with traders and having good working relationships is essential. In this role, you will:
What we're looking for
- Compile/reconcile data from electronic trades
- Examine electronic transactions generated from clearing firm
- Resolve erroneous and broken trades
- Assist with maintaining position, P&L and information exchange
- Update and manage all post computer screens including exchange trading systems, proprietary trading applications, and excel spreadsheets
- Execute orders per the request of traders
- Act as liaison between desk traders and other dealers, traders or brokers
- Previous experience in financial services industry and completion of finance/investment related course work a plus
- Thorough knowledge of equity and equity derivatives
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, specifically Excel
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written); ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization
- Detail oriented; ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
- Must be a self starter, a quick learner, and resourceful in solving problems
- Ability to move throughout the trading floor as needed
- Maintain composure under pressure
SIG are a collaborative, innovative and cohesive community of extraordinary individuals. We have fantastic benefits (breakfast, lunch, social events, poker) and love our work and our colleagues.
SIG does not post salary information, so any salary information you find online may not be accurate because it was not provided or verified by SIG.
SIG does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or search firms. Any resume or referral submitted in the absence of a signed agreement will become the property of SIG and no fee will be paid.