Network Technician Trainee - Data Centers
Do you want to join a team of best-in-class Network Technicians? You'll have the opportunity to grow your skills and be part of a team developing innovative ways to automate and scale the AWS network.
You'll support several Data Center locations and assist with capacity management, while working with internal customers and external vendors to facilitate smooth project execution.
After the initial 6-month training period you may have the opportunity to be interviewed to join the Amazon family full-time.
Key Job Responsibilities include:
- Providing network scaling support of several data center locations and day to day assistance with capacity management.
- Working closely with both internal customers and external vendors to facilitate smooth project execution as directed by Infrastructure delivery Leadership and Technical Program Managers.
- Managing work and priorities through ticketing systems and workflows
- Specifying Power and Cooling requirements and ensuring Hardware Racking/Stacking completed for new equipment
- Participating in the migration, basic configuration and roll-out of new or upgraded hardware
- Installing, labelling, testing and troubleshooting cabling infrastructure
- Travelling within the Sydney metro area to Data Center locations (Must possess a valid drivers licence and vehicle to travel between sites) BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- AS/BS in Computer Science/Networking or Certification in a relevant field (CCENT, Network+, CCNA) ; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
The following qualifications are preferred but not required:
- Good understanding of infrastructure technologies, including Routers, Switches, Load Balancers and Firewalls at the enterprise level
- Knowledge of network cabling, optic types, and test equipment, such as VFL, power meter, and OTDR.
- Basic knowledge of troubleshooting networking, routing and inter connectivity issues, including device configuration, low level application interaction, and cabling infrastructure
- Familiarity with major Command Line Protocols (Cisco IOS, JunOS, etc) and a strong understanding of Ethernet and IP networking
- Experience dealing with customers during problem resolution and operating efficiently under pressure.
- Effective prioritization and time management.
- Ability to move and lift computer equipment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status