DESCRIPTION AWS is looking to hire a motivated and enthusiastic Network Technician to join the growing team within infrastructure delivery as part of delivering AWS date centers deployments. This full-time position will have you working with internal customers, vendors as well as coordinating regional resources to promote smooth project execution in association with Technical Program managers. The role responsibilities will include scaling support of data center locations and be responsible for day to day assistance with capacity management.
Reporting to the ID Manager, you will be required to:
• Be prudent and be competent in all aspects of installation and troubleshooting of networking hardware, software and fiber connectivity all combined with a proven project delivery methodology.
• Follow agreed timelines as there is high levels of autonomous work where you will need to be comfortable working individually to ensure the stability and sustainability of AWS next-generation networks.
• Have the desire to work with established best practices to refine operational procedures, develop new tooling and always think about ways to improve the current process.
• Have the desire to work in an organized and collaborative environment is essential for success.
• Move and lift computer equipment.
• Perform cabling, labeling, certification and patching of server positions to network equipment.
• Perform inventory of onsite tools and materials.
• Participate in the migration, basic configuration and roll-out of new or upgraded hardware.
• Manage/Update work through ticketing system and workflows
• Partner with multiple stakeholders to remove project obstacles
In return you will have mentoring, coaching and career development opportunities as you work closely with AWS Network Engineering & Network Technical Project Manager teams to ensure fast, smooth roll out of new designs and products.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • 2 or more years of mid-level and/or enterprise experience as a technician or engineer in a delivery-focused work environment.
• Ability to travel within geographical work area is required, up to 20% travel outside traditional work area will be required.
• Basic Networking knowledge such as TCP/IP and routing protocols.
• Experience with infrastructure technologies, best practices and methodologies.
• Knowledge of network cabling, optic types, and test equipment, such as VFL, power meter, and OTDR.
• Proficient in business level English.
• Experience in troubleshooting networking, routing and inter connectivity issues, including troubleshooting of network device configuration and low to mid-level application interaction
• Experience in Troubleshoot cabling infrastructure connectivity issues, including patch panels and patch cords.
• Specify Power and Cooling requirements and ensure Hardware Racking/Stacking completed for new equipment
• Ability to adjust priorities according to fluctuating needs and deadlines.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • AS/BS in Information Systems, Computer Science or Information Technology, may be coupled with professional certifications to include CCNA, CCNP or JNCIA;
• Background in large-scale data-center network implementations and support.
• Experience dealing with customers during problem resolution and operating efficiently deadlines.
• Provide sustainable and repeatable solutions and processes always with an eye on improvement.
• Experience with major networking operating systems (Cisco IOS, JunOS, etc)
• Experience in fiber and copper cabling work and standards
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status.