Network Development Engineer
Amazon Web Services (AWS) team is looking for Network Development Engineers who are passionate about deploying and automating one of the world's largest and most complex networks, to join our Sydney team.
Imagine delighting customers on a daily basis by providing our customers the highest quality and reliability for their services. As a Network Development Engineer, you will be responsible for building, deploying and scaling the Amazon networks that support AWS, customers, and other business units, across multiple global datacenters.
As a Network Development Engineer at AWS;
• You will be responsible for maintaining quality and reliability while developing innovative ways to scale our network.
• Create simple yet powerful deployment processes that increase both velocity and quality.
• Work collaboratively with our internal customers to build trust and develop network solutions
• Create and deliver improvements which will be effective in allowing us to scale at volume.
• You will be supported and empowered to learn about the latest network standards and keep abreast of where it is moving.
Our Company Culture:
At AWS we offer a flexible, positive, and supportive work environment. We understand work life harmony looks very different from person to person. We want employees who love what they do, and do what they love at work, at home, and beyond. So once here, you will have the opportunity to work with your manager to strike that right balance.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS On your first day, you will need to have the following qualifications:
• Excellent IP fundamental knowledge and experience.
• In-depth knowledge of and experience with at least one major internet routing protocol; BGP, OSPF, ISIS or MPLS.
• Hands-on experience with network operating systems such as Cisco IOS or Junos.
• Proven troubleshooting skills.
• Experience in orchestration, and programming languages such as: Python, Shell or Perl.
• Curiosity and passion to learn about new technology
• Experience with implementing large scale network deployments and troubleshooting complex network problems while delivering innovative solutions.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
• A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
• 2+ years industry experience in a similar environment.
• Experience designing network and datacenter Installations
• Past experience with two or more of the following & technologies: 802.2/3, 802.1d VLANs/STP, IPv4 & IPv6, TCP (internals & flow control), HSRP/GLBP, PIMv2, IGMP, LDP, TACACS, IPSEC & VPNs, netflow, DNS, HTTP.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status.