Network Development Engineer
DESCRIPTION AWS Networking is looking for Network Development Engineers (NDE) to join our team to help deploy, scale and automate one of the world's largest and complex networks. We are expanding at a tremendous rate it is our responsibility to maintain quality and reliability while developing innovative ways to automate the scaling of our network.
As a Network Development Engineer working within AWS Infrastructure you will:
• Be responsible for automation of deploying network infrastructure across all of our network fabrics that supports the Amazon Retail Service, Kindle, Payments and multiple AWS services
• Deploy, scale and automate our network across multiple global data center and Transit center. This includes existing footprints and greenfield locations.
• Drive scaling of current network designs to meet the demand of our customers.
• Create simple, repetitive deployment processes that increase both velocity and quality.
• Work closely with our internal customers on designs/solutions; bringing those designs/solutions from concept to production.
• Create and update our network standards and ensure that the network is deployed to these standards.
• Create and implement changes on the network.
• Automate workflow and execution of deployments on a global scale
• Work closely with our automation teams in transitioning and defining new tools that allow us to scale at unprecedented volume.
Our ideal candidate has a proven record of building automated solutions, is highly autonomous, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills, strong project management and time management skills, and also has a successful track record of designing simple, scalable solutions, troubleshooting complex network problems and delivering innovative solutions. The desire and ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment is essential.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• 6+ years industry experience in a similar environment.
• Excellent IP networking fundamentals and extensive experience in the application of IP protocols as well as network analysis fundamentals and robust troubleshooting skills.
• Experience troubleshooting traffic engineering using BGP and large scale network design
• In-depth knowledge of and experience with one or more major internet routing protocols: BGP (confederations and complex route reflector topologies), OSPF, MPLS, RSVP and ISIS
• An understanding of both network hardware and packet forwarding architecture.
• Experience managing large projects to completion
• Experience scripting with Python and/or Perl
• Experience working in a Linux/Unix environment
• Ability to interact efficiently with peers and customers is required.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Experience troubleshooting switching and routing hardware
• Experience working with customers to diagnose a problem, and work toward resolution
• Strong logical thinking skills, with the ability to adapt as new information becomes available
• Ability to operate efficiently under pressure
• Past experience with, and expertise in many of the following protocols & technologies: DWDM, IPv4 & IPv6, TCP (internals & flow control), BGP, OSPF, IS-IS, MPLS (VPNv4/v6, TE, CSC, LDP), TACACS, IPSEC & VPNs, Netflow, DNS, HTTP.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status.