Mechanical Design Engineer - Data Centers
Be part of a team that's responsible for designing and delivering the world's best data centre services across the globe. You'll have the opportunity to work with a constant stream of new technologies and products, and experience opportunities to learn and grow while being surrounded by a motivated and diverse team.
You'll drive design, construction and implementation of enterprise data centres to meet global quality and performance levels. Working directly with our Design, Construction, Operations, and Commissioning teams within your region, you'll be the engineering representative responsible for the successful delivery of projects.
You'll assist in site planning, development and delivery of data centre environments regionally, maintain performance standards and utilize innovation to reduce budgets and increase efficiency.
Teamwork is absolutely necessary to accomplish your goals. You'll be working with many of the internal groups within Amazon as well as external suppliers and consultants, including utility providers, equipment manufacturers, vendors, and contractors. You'll build a deep understanding of the critical equipment needs and operational challenges for large infrastructure mission critical sites and equipment, while understanding the constructability concerns of varying designs.
• Participate in site selection reviews, work with local utilities to understand and define site utility requirements, and work with internal teams to understand user requirements.
• Design and collaborate with other disciplines to create a construction document set.
• Create designs which meet or exceed our quality requirements and fall within our budgetary requirements.
• Work with regional vendors and manufacturers to specify the appropriate mechanical equipment including Air Handling Units, Computer Room Air Handling Units, Chillers, Cooling Towers, Sequence of Operations & Controls systems, Fire Detection/Suppression systems
• Review and approve equipment submittals.
• Define project scope and provide technical support for information requests prior to, and during construction phases.
• Work with commissioning teams to properly test and validate installation, operation, and performance of mechanical systems.
• Travel to sites for site review and work with onsite field engineers, as well as provide engineering evaluations, mechanical systems audits, and startup as needed. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's degree in Mechanical engineering or relevant discipline.
• 8+ years of mission critical design experience.
• 3+ years of experience in project management. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• 10+ years of experience directly related to data centre design and in depth understanding of related critical equipment
• Masters degree in Mechanical engineering or relevant discipline or Professional Engineering license
• Experience reading and interpreting design, equipment and construction specifications and drawings.
• Knowledge of building codes and regulations across the APAC region
• Experience with fast track design/build projects and or multiple significant upgrade projects.
• An ability and willingness to think outside of the box to find creative and innovative solutions to reduce costs with no impact on quality and reliability.
• Ability to research new designs, technologies, and construction methods of data centre equipment and facilities.
• The ability to perform complex business cases to justify technical decisions and present the justification to management in a high level review.
Amazon is a committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.