Manager, Technical Support
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts. Job Category
Customer Success Group Job Details About Tableau, a Salesforce company
Tableau helps people see and understand data. Our analytics platform fuels exploration, allowing you to quickly answer questions with data and share insights across your organization. Global enterprises, early-stage startups, nonprofits, and governments all use Tableau's intuitive software to quickly transform their data into actionable insights. We are passionate about our product and our mission and we are loyal to each other and our company. We value work/life balance, efficiency, simplicity, freakishly friendly customer service, and making a difference in the world! What you'll be doing...
The Manager, Technical Support is responsible to ensure support is provided in a timely, customer-oriented, and comprehensive manner. Promote a support culture that goes above and beyond what the customer expects and ensuring that every Tableau customer support contact is positive. Manage service level agreements and customer satisfaction levels. Identify and promote opportunities to reduce the amount of direct support required through product improvements, training, online support, and self-service. Provide leadership and motivation by establishing clear expectations and coaching employees to achieve Tableau's support goals. Plan and manage the team's schedules and their professional and technical development. Communicate specific performance feedback through regularly scheduled one-on-one meetings with each direct report. Conduct timely and thorough performance reviews.
Some of the things you'll be doing include ...
Who you are...
- Ensure customer service excellence and guaranteed response times by actively monitoring support emails/tickets and ensuring all tickets are resolved in a timely and comprehensive manner.
- Review support tickets for accuracy and to look for any trends that might indicate product problems or customer confusion.
- Track and identify frequently occurring, high impact support issues as candidates for permanent resolution.
- Track bug and feature requests status to stay on top of the hot issues.
- Keep abreast of product plans and schedule trainings/briefings for your reports
- Coach team members to provide customer-centric support that solves the problem, taking into account customer preferences.
- Coach team members to guide customers toward self-serve support options in a service-oriented manner.
- Actively manage the support schedule and work assignments.
- Ensure each team member is actively contributing to the improvement of online services by setting expectations and contribution goals.
- Continually assess team skills and knowledge, and usefulness of available resources and support tools and actively work with the Training and Systems Managers to address gaps.
- Identify training topics and schedule continuing education.
- Continuously provide opportunities for team members to actively develop marketable skills
- Work with training team to ensure new hire and ongoing training is comprehensive and effective
- Maintain one-on-one meeting schedule with each direct report to provide performance feedback, coaching, goal setting, and to discuss potential projects and training needs
- Serve as first level escalation from your directs and pursue each escalation as an opportunity to turn the customer around and into a fan
- Leadership and management of the Technical Support team including resource management, hiring, mentorship, and performance management
- Experienced. Supervisory experience in a software product/technical support department or related, direct customer contact experience. Prefers a background in Business Intelligence
- Highly Technical. Demonstrated experience with data and Java application server (network and systems).
- Energy and Passion. Energy and enthusiasm are your hallmarks. You think out-of-the-box and wow people with your interesting angles and quality work. You have strong desire to provide high-quality customer service
- Problem Solver. You love tackling the most difficult of challenges and know how to get to the best solution.
- Excellent Communication. You know what to say and more importantly, how to say it.
- Conviction and Commitment. You have an unshakable belief that Tableau's products will improve the world - one person at a time. Once you get it, you go all the way.
- You are a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world!
Tableau will operate independently under the Tableau brand, driving forward a continued focus on our mission, our customers and our Tableau Community. The acquisition closed on August 1, 2019, and Tableau is a wholly-owned subsidiary of salesforce.com, inc.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form. Posting Statement
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.