See job description for details
Newly created team lead role, advising on the strategic and effective management of complex insurance claims. Your new company
Hays Legal have partnered with this leading insurance company to assist in recruiting motivated and passionate Manager / Senior Legal Counsel into their Insurance, Operational & Claims Strategy legal team. This organisation provides both consumer and business insurance products to the Australian and New Zealand market through a variety of well recognised brands. Your new role
What you'll need to succeed
- Will see you providing strategic legal advice in relation to the strategic and effective management of significant and complex claims;
- Managing and supporting junior lawyers within the team;
- Working with business partners and stakeholders on work systems, processes, planning and strategic objectives;
- Advising on regulatory change and liaising with regulators;
- Project manage new initiatives and projects;
- Advising on liability and quantum issues;
- Assisting with ad-hoc front end insurance matters.
What you'll get in return
- Australian legal qualifications and a current Australian practising certificate;
- 8-15 years' post-admission experience from a major law firm (in an insurance practice group);
- Experience insurance law and litigation (defendant side), including management of public and products liability, professional indemnity and/or statutory class claims.
- Well developed stakeholder management skills and ability to build strong relationships.
- A friendly and collaborative attitude as well as a willingness to get 'stuck-in'.
This organisation places high value on their employee well-being and supports flexible work practices. You will earn higher superannuation contributions, competitive short-term-incentives, get discounts on various insurance products, salary sacrificing options, and supplier discounts. The Legal team has a supportive culture and high retention, with an extremely high engagement rating. The structure offers opportunity for career progression and also mentorship. What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV (in MS word format), email email@example.com or call Caitlin on (02) 9049 6961 now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. LHS 297508