At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives. Job Description Summary:
The Security Manager collaborates closely with the Director of Security Operations - International and is responsible for managing and maintaining all security measures at PayPal's Sydney, Australia office. Safety and Security, including Occupational and Environmental Health are core principles of PayPal, and the candidate will be responsible for providing a safe and secure workplace to support all PayPal corporate operations in Australia. Job Description: Meet the team:
In this autonomous role onsite, you will be part of a global team of 20 Security Managers working across PayPal facilities across the globe. You will report to the PayPal Director of Security Operations for the APAC region. Your way to impact:
You will have an impact on every facet of the PayPal mission as your role is to enable the business by protecting the most important assets of PayPal: The emplyees, the visitors and guests, and the brand. In your day-to-day role you will:
- Direct supervision and oversight of a contingent guard staff including management of payroll, training, and security execution.
- Implementation of security procedures, standards, and best practices.
- Advising on physical security issues pertaining to the security operations of the company.
- Ensuring compliance with Payment Card Industry, PCI requirements; federal, state, and local regulations.
- Consulting with law enforcement agencies and regulators on security matters.
- Providing guidance on all security matters for training and recruitment.
- Maintaining a risk-based approach to security management:
- Providing an effective risk analysis, threat assessment, and response capability in the Australia region.
- Ensuring the highest possible levels of security integrity are maintained through the application of risk management controls.
- Formulation and implementation of additional measures to be applied during periods of increased Australian regional threats.
- Implementation of an Australian regional assessment program to ensure safety and security compliance with policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements.
- Monitoring and reviewing security reports in preparation for presentation to senior leadership.
- Conduct and provide oversight and accountability on regional facility reviews on an annual basis.
- Provide expertise for any governance documents required by PayPal or the Financial Technology Sector.
- Ensuring all security incidents are fully investigated at site level.
- Managing all Australia Country Threat Assessments:
- Managing Security Threat Assessments as required
- Managing evacuation plans for annual reviews.
What you need to bring:
- Providing timely reports to management, as required inform their manager / supervisor of any work situation, equipment or activity that represents a serious or immediate danger to health and safety.
- Report any hazards, near misses, incidents, accidents, or dangerous occurrences to their manager / supervisor, who will then follow the defined procedures.
- Conduct work in accordance with information and training provided and any specific workplace health and safety rules or procedures.
- Fully understand the company health and safety policy.
- Manage and assist PayPal in the execution of its Operational Health and Safety and Environmental Safety roles including workers compensation actions.
- Satisfactorily complete all training courses as arranged by the Company.
- Conduct complex internal and external investigations regarding PayPal employees, customers, physical or intellectual property as directed by the PayPal Global Investigations Team.
- Higher education diploma, degree or equivalent in security, or related studies preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years' experience in the security management in either the corporate or law enforcement fields with management experience preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years' experience with investigations in either the public or private sector.
- Self-motivated, disciplined and with flexible attitude to change.
- Direct, practical approach to providing solutions in a challenging and dynamic business environment, with superior organizational skills.
- Prepared to travel domestically and internationally, sometimes at short notice including temporary assignment on a support/coaching basis at other locations and overseas.
- Excellent people skills with the ability to communicate with people at all levels and from different geographical and ethnic cultures.
- Must be computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft Packages e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Fluency in written and spoken English with ability to work in an international environment.
- Must possess and maintain a valid passport.
- Will have to undergo a PayPal background investigation prior to employment.
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates. Please don't hesitate to apply. Additional Job Description: Subsidiary:
PayPal Travel Percent:
0 Our Benefits:
At PayPal, we're committed to building an equitable and inclusive global economy. And we can't do this without our most important asset-you. That's why we offer benefits to help you thrive in every stage of life. We champion your financial, physical, and mental health by offering valuable benefits and resources to help you care for the whole you.
We have great benefits including a flexible work environment, employee shares options, health and life insurance and more. To learn more about our benefits please visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com Who We Are:
Click Here to learn more about our culture and community.
PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution for more than 20 years. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, the PayPal platform is empowering more than 400 million consumers and merchants in more than 200 markets to join and thrive in the global economy. For more information, visit paypal.com.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any general requests for consideration of your skills, please Join Our Talent Community.
As part of PayPal's commitment to employees' health and safety, we have established in-office Covid-19 protocols and requirements, based on expert guidance. Depending on location, this might include a Covid-19 vaccination requirement for any employee whose role requires them to work onsite. Employees may request reasonable accommodation based on a medical condition or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.