Manager, Risk Insights & Reporting
Manager, Risk Insights & Reporting Controls and Customer Outcomes (CCO) Retail Banking
As a Manager, Risk Insights & Reporting, your role will be to develop risk analytic and data driven solutions that deliver meaningful and actionable insights to the business. See yourself in the team:
The Controls and Customer Outcomes (CCO) team resides within the Retail Bank. CCO's purpose is to drive sustainable enhancements to business practices and processes that deliver better outcomes for our customers, shareholders and the community. We do this through our four strategic pillars of preventing, detecting and responding to issues and embedding and sustaining the change we make into the business we support.
The Risk Insights & Reporting team (RI&R) are a cross skilled team of analysts with expertise in automated controls assurance & operational risk analytics.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Automated and IT Dependent control assurance
- Ongoing exception reporting for key risks and initiatives
- Providing support, where appropriate for the CCO business with analytical outlier reporting
- Operational risk and compliance insights for the CCO and at times broader RBS business.
This will include the optimization and ongoing development/enhancement of existing reporting channels and the delivery of analytics leveraging statistical models as appropriate. You will have confidence working with large data sets and experience with analytics tools such as SSIS, Teradata and Tableau More specifically:
We are interested in hearing from you...
- Use technical knowledge of system capabilities, rules and architecture to convert the needs of the business into functional designs and ensure solutions are aligned to with the group's enterprise architecture
- Be responsible for selecting the appropriate analytic processes and techniques to gather, transform and present large datasets for analysis and action
- Consult & partner with the business to drive and align risk analytics with strategic business goals.
- Produce analytics to support customer remediation activities & analytic deep dives designed to optimise the risk environment across RBS
- Gather, organise and synthesize large amounts of information from various sources for distribution to senior leaders
- Provide in depth analytics on risk metrics and trends to understand the impact on RBS
- Produce adhoc risk reporting/analytics as required by CCO
- Identify and define business needs, problems and issues to define, develop and deliver a feasible solution
- Converts business needs into functional designs using knowledge of system capabilities, rules, and architecture
- Prioritise and assign work and deliverable according to specified timeframes
- Achieve customer service excellence by coaching and role modelling the Bank's customer service standards
- 3-5 years' experience in an analytics function
- Strong business analysis skills, demonstrated by experience in requirements gathering, documentation and gap analysis
- Experience with large datasets and data analysis tools such as SQL (Essential)
- Experience in data visualisation techniques (e.g. in Tableau, Power BI)
- Exposure to data analysis tools such as Teradata, SAS, SSIS, Python, VBA
- Exposure to analytics techniques such as predictive modelling
- Strong communication, presentation, workload prioritisation skills and commercial acumen
- Demonstrated ability in building strong customer relationships based on credibility, rapport and trust
- Previous experience in Financial Services and/or Operational Risk an advantage
- Experience working in technology enabled change programs or projects an advantage
- You are analytical, strategic, and a forward thinking creative-problem solver, highly capable of working proactively within a team, leading by example, managing multiple projects simultaneously while navigating through ambiguity.
- You are passionate about customers and the opportunity to build trust and customer advocacy through data driven insights.
- You are enthusiastic, self-motivated and focused on continuous improvement.
- You share knowledge with other analysts across the team to cross-pollinate and lift the skillset across the team.
- You look beyond the status quo to try new approaches and tools, thereby lifting the overall capability of the team.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We're keen to support you with the next step in your career.
Advertising End Date: 13/05/2021