Manager Research & Insights - 12 Month Max Term Contract - Benefits inc. Paid Annual Leave & Public Hols!
How will I help?
The Manager, Research & Insight will leverage all existing research including brand health and CX tracking studies, and large syndicated research programs to identify opportunities to deliver actionable insights to help stakeholders deliver on key business goals.
As part of the Research team you will be instrumental in embedding the voice of the customer in all of the Group's activity to ensure it is based on strong customer insight and designed to deeply connect with our customers at the times that matter most to them.
You will achieve this by analysing qualitative and quantitative research data, collaborating with our in-house team of researchers whilst also leveraging the relationships, data and insight provided by our research vendors. This will be backed up by first class analytic and communication skills, a high degree of intellectual curiosity and a desire to create a meaningful improvement in our business performance.
You will also enhance organisational effectiveness through continuous improvement and innovation by identifying new innovative research approaches and methods of sharing insight across the Group. Specific responsibilities include:
What's in it for you?
- Derive strategic insights from statistical analyses with data from brand health & CX tracking studies and large syndicated survey programs
- Maintain a searchable "bookshelf" of past research and insights for our team and our internal clients to refer to, so that all parties can easily access our best thinking on any topics
- Support Senior Manager to manage external research agencies to ensure regular reports are delivered in a timely manner with high quality standard.
- Lead analysis for ad-hoc requests from internal stakeholders, including deep dive analysis and development of insights pack to help address various business problem(s)
- Proactively engage with stakeholders across the business to understand key business goals and identify gaps for research
- Identify key business insights within pieces of market research and separate them from "interesting facts"
- "Stitch" these insights together into a narrative that is clear and easy to understand for our key stakeholders translating into hypothesis and opportunities
- Communicate these insights to our stakeholders in the most effective and influential way, bringing to life through story telling matching styles and channels to stakeholder preferences
- Provide ad-hoc advice and direction to stakeholders as required, building on a strong evidence base of completed work
- Identify opportunities to bring the voice of the customer to the surface across the Group in a way that will be impactful and drive to action
You'll be working for an organisation that supports, development, internal career moves and flexible working. Along with competitive salary, you'll receive Westpac's generous benefits and a whole array of customer discounts, 20 days annual leave 1 Wellbeing, 1 Community day and of course Bank holidays! What do I need?
What's it like to work here?
- 6 years of proven 'hands-on' experience in quantitative research
- Solid research background with strong understanding in basic statistical concepts
- Evidence of successfully leading a deep dive analysis to develop insights pack and being able to derive strategic outcomes/implications.
- Proven experience synthesising secondary research
- Proven experience influencing action off the back of strong insight
- Strong experience with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with statistical tools such as Q, SPSS and Survey Reporter
Westpac's values; Service, One team... really come through in our workplace, you will be warmly welcomed in to a diverse and inclusive team who are always there with an offer of support if you need it. We are constantly striving to make improvements to our ways of working to make things more efficient so that we can better service our customers. We celebrate successes, birthdays, anniversaries and anything else we can think of.