Manager CMB & GBM Compliance Advisory - 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
Some careers have more impact than others.
We're looking for progressive minds who are driven, perceptive and forward-thinking, who are open
to different ideas and cultures, who can connect
with our customers and who will work with courageous integrity
As an HSBC employee in Australia, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes market leading subsidized private health cover, enhanced parental pay/benefits and support when you return to work, wellness days and wellbeing programs as well as a highly flexible workplace culture.
The Compliance function is a Second line of defence (LOD) function, responsible for reviewing and challenging the activities of the Group's businesses (also referred to as "the First LOD") to ensure that they effectively manage as "Risk Owners" the risks inherent in or arising from the conduct of their activities and for which they are responsible. The Second LOD consists of 'Risk Stewards' who are independent of the commercial risk-taking activities undertaken by the First LOD. The Compliance function is a Risk Steward for a number of non-financial risks in accordance with HSBC Group's risk framework.
As a Compliance Advisory Manager supporting our Commercial Banking (CMB) and Global Banking & Markets (GBM) teams, you will be responsible for ensuring that HSBC's operations in Australia are effective in identifying, managing and mitigating Regulatory Compliance and Financial Crime risks and ensuring that timely advice is provided to the business.
Taking on this role, provides you with an opportunity for exposure across the breadth of the regulatory compliance and financial crime spaces for CMB & GBM, having a direct impact in providing advisory services to educate the business and engage in continuously improving our knowledge and processes. In doing so, you will interact extensively with stakeholders across the business including legal, operational risk and others. Your main responsibilities will include:
Qualifications To be successful in this interesting role, with involvement across the breadth of compliance across the CMB and GBM business, you will need:
- Supporting our CMB & GBM businesses to ensuring compliance with relevant external laws & regulations, internal codes and policies and good market practices in relation to regulatory compliance and financial crime risk.
- Providing advisory services to CMB & GBM and helping ensure bankers have a clear understanding of compliance risk exposure with respect to clients, transactions and products including being able to articulate the Regulatory Compliance and Financial Crime risks for Australia.
- Helping the team manage the relationship with relevant regulators.
- Responsibility for second line governance of Regulatory Compliance and Financial Crime risks exposures, providing analysis, reporting and governance, maintaining an objective assessment of risk exposure.
- Supporting senior team members to exercise risk steward challenge, acting as an independent trusted advisor in governance forums and issue management, fostering a compliance culture and optimising relations with risk owners and control owners.
- Supporting the Head of CMB & GBM Compliance Advisory and senior managers to represent the Compliance agenda up to the highest levels of the Group's governance, reporting on operational effectiveness of policies, processes, systems and controls in countering Regulatory Compliance and Financial Crime risks.
- Some experience in or willingness to quickly learn about financial crime and its regulation.
- Good knowledge of the HSBC Group structure, its business and personnel, and HSBC's corporate culture.
- Ability to work autonomously within a collaborative team environment.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills, with an ability to effectively interact with stakeholders at all levels.
- A strong customer focus, with the ability to balance compliance obligations with supporting the business in their commercial operations.
- Flexibility and adaptability in a fast moving, constantly changing environment.
- A qualification in a relevant risk, legal or audit discipline is an advantage, but not essential.
Due to current international travel restrictions and border closures, we can only consider candidates who hold either Australian Permanent Residency or Citizenship.